Dodson Soon for a Shot at TJ

bartalone

¾
@Green
Reaction score
It's a good angle in that he toyed with TJ the first time they met, so they can play up the TJ gets revenge shit and all. Dodson destroys him again and I am pleased.

Tj is a different anaimal then when Dodson faced him, but I'd love to see Dodson KO him.

I dont think that would be a good idea unless Dodson gets the FlyW belt, and even then I think TJ has improved enough to cause Dodson problems

would be a fun superfight in future though if Dodson can get the belt

To get the belt from a guy he beat easy? I can see it.

I don't think they would let him jump the line without taking a fight at 135 first. I doubt Dodson would bother since he is close to getting another shot at MM. If he were to lose to MM again then yes I could see him making the move.

Tj is a different anaimal then when Dodson faced him, but I'd love to see Dodson KO him.

Dodson has not exactly regressed, he is a beast as well. I think Dodson's speed would make for a very interesting match against the improved TJ, I think Dodson still has the edge.

I don't think they would let him jump the line without taking a fight at 135 first. I doubt Dodson would bother since he is close to getting another shot at MM. If he were to lose to MM again then yes I could see him making the move.

That makes sense. I'm a Dodson hugger so I just want the process sped up - and of course I thought he beat MM the first time around.

Would love to see it. I think he has a better chance against TJ than MM. Demetrious it's going to have 125 in a chokehold for a while.

so if that happens TS, does Mike Easton then jump the line to get his shot? shit he beat Dodson so sure, right?

Dodson should be 100% focused on trying to beat the Mouse....nothing else.

oh and TJ beats him even if they did fight.

Dodson wouldn't even make it to a title shot. He had to go through barao, faber, cruz, etc. Not happening.

I don't know bout that. But it definitely shows the freak KO power that Dodson possesses. He basically KO'd Dillashaw with a forearm strike if I remember correctly.

TS I have never seen you post on here before but on your AV alone, im inclined to agree with everything you say.

I really like the thought of a rematch but I don't see Dodson going back to bantamweight. He may be the only legit contender to Johnson going forward. Maybe in a year if TJ is still champ and Dodson can win the flyweight title we can finally get our superfight.

It's a good angle in that he toyed with TJ the first time they met, so they can play up the TJ gets revenge shit and all. Dodson destroys him again and I am pleased.

Dodson is so awesome IMO the best Flyweight. Just DJ is so damn hard to put away.

That being said, Dillashaw has came along sooooo far since their fight it would be way different. Would be an awesome fight for sure though

Superfight between mighty mouse and tj

1.There was no destruction. Dodson dropped him and was the beneficiary of one of the most outlandish stoppages I've seen after following this sport for a decade. It was an outright joke and the revisionism annoys me.

2.TJ has progressed eons from that point, far more so than Dodson has, and there's a pretty good reason: he had 4 fights. 4. JD had 16. His movement and overall striking prowess on Saturday looked noticeably better since the Easton fight, never mind the TUF finale.

If TJ holds the belt for a while and Dodson loses another title shot I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a rematch formulate quickly.

Back