Dodson Soon for a Shot at TJ

Dodson is so awesome IMO the best Flyweight. Just DJ is so damn hard to put away.

He rocked MM 3 or 4 times in that fight, and MM still came back to dominate. Proving MM's chin is pretty solid.

The only guy faster than TJ at BW would be Dodson. I would love to see that fight

He rocked MM 3 or 4 times in that fight, and MM still came back to dominate. Proving MM's chin is pretty solid.

I think it showed how good his recovery is. Wand used to get rocked in pride but would recover instantly. For mm to get rocked that many times and come back shows an insane amount of recovery.

1.There was no destruction. Dodson dropped him and was the beneficiary of one of the most outlandish stoppages I've seen after following this sport for a decade. It was an outright joke and the revisionism annoys me.

2.TJ has progressed eons from that point, far more so than Dodson has, and there's a pretty good reason: he had 4 fights. 4. JD had 16. His movement and overall striking prowess on Saturday looked noticeably better since the Easton fight, never mind the TUF finale.

If TJ holds the belt for a while and Dodson loses another title shot I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see a rematch formulate quickly.

The stoppage was early but I've seen many worse stoppages.

I agree, TJ has improved tenfold, and has been way more active than Dodson. I would favor TJ in a rematch slightly (he would use his length more, and he has better kicks), but the lines would be close. Dodson still has that speed advantage.

Back