Doctors writing prescriptions for themselves, family, friends

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
It is 100% NOT TRUE that the studies have shown mild to no benefit? Are you saying that there is no study that has shown no benefit? And are you saying that there is a study that has shown profound benefit? Or are your saying that there is a study that has shown benefit in extreme cases? You’re going to have to be saying all 3 (and show your work) for my post to be 100% not true.

You: The studies so far have shown mild to no improvement. And only in those with mild symptoms.

100% untrue and 1 study showing MASSIVE improvements was posted for you.

Now reply with more childish insults to make yourself feel better

You: The studies so far have shown mild to no improvement. And only in those with mild symptoms.

100% untrue and 1 study showing MASSIVE improvements was posted for you.

Now reply with more childish insults to make yourself feel better
I’ve reviewed this entire thread and I don’t see a study posted that reflects “MASSIVE improvements”, can you repost or direct me to the post with the study?

No benefit of hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin in people hospitalised with COVID-19
http://i-base.info/htb/37524

Different study:
Hydroxychloroquine Use For COVID-19 Coronavirus Shows No Benefit In First Small—But Limited—Controlled Trial

https://www.forbes.com/sites/taraha...ll-but-limited-controlled-trial/#657dc8494c86

Never said otherwise

You are the one that said. "Studies so far have showed little to no benefit. And only in patients with mild symptoms.

Just 100% untrue. You did not say SOME studies or even MOST studies

Never said otherwise

You are the one that said. "Studies so far have showed little to no benefit. And only in patients with mild symptoms.

Just 100% untrue. You did not say SOME studies or even MOST studies
Sure, dude.

Because the most egregious example given in the article was far away from "stockpiling "

That was the entire conversation before you jumped in
Yeah so even worse reason for you to derail by not understanding someone could comment on stockpiling without shitting on the use of the drug entirely.

Lol. He did not agree with you. And neither do the thousands of doctors that rated it the #1 treatment.
You notice how you do not hear any doctors actually treating this virus coming out against it. Yet there are thousands now saying it works in some way.

Also - you didn't respond to where you were getting the thousands of doctors numbers from but looking at your interaction with @Anung Un Rama it looks like it was the Sermo poll. A few things:

First, it isn't thousands of doctors saying it is the best treatment. 1160 that have used it or seen it used in setting were asked how they rate the efficacy. 38% rate it very or extremely effective. That's 441 doctors. Also, it wasn't number 1 by doctor rating. Convalescent serum was at 52% very or extremely.

You have to take into account as well that of doctors using HCQ, 49% are using it for mild symptoms and 16% are using it for patients that aren't diagnosed and have mild symptoms (Like that Zelenko guy). These patients are very likely to get better regardless.

That just isn't true of some of the other drugs being used, either because you need a specific compassionate exemption and a very sick patient to get it, like Remdesivir, or because they are specialty drugs with a high price tag and special distribution and outpatient clinics aren't using them - like Interferon-beta.

So the other drugs are being used on sick patients more likely to get worse. Yet they are still ranked by doctors pretty much as high in terms of efficacy - Remdesivir 37%. Interferon beta 36% compared to HCQ's 38%. If the poll had parsed out efficacy vs patient stage, I bet we'd see worse performance in sick patients compared to the other drugs.

It would be great if it turns out that cheap old HCQ is effective for all disease stages and low risk. But the magnitude of the current interest in it is bizarre given the available evidence and clearly driven by factors that have little bearing on its actual efficacy.

I could spam 4 pages of doctors speaking of the benefits of the drug if we are having a contest
That’s all you’ve done anyhow. I’ve posted actually studies and a report of a study being discontinued due to adverse effects. You’ve referenced a poll that says an near equal % of providers think Traditional Chinese Medicine works as well as HCQ/CQ. oh, and that “study” from that weird guy.

That’s all you’ve done anyhow. I’ve posted actually studies and a report of a study being discontinued due to adverse effects. You’ve referenced a poll that says an near equal % of providers think Traditional Chinese Medicine works as well as HCQ/CQ. oh, and that “study” from that weird guy.

Oh. It's a bad study by a weird guy now.

And the doctors all over the media are all lying.

See how this goes. You apply nefarious motives to anything that runs contrary to your opinion

Care to bet this actually gets approved by the FDA(besides emergency use)

Care to bet this actually gets approved by the FDA(besides emergency use)
You’re assuming I want to win such a bet? I don’t have a dog in this fight other than medical/ scientific integrity and patient care. If studies show the drug has a benefit and that benefit outweighs the risk then I am happy it’s available.
Also, the FDA is politicized, so I’m wary of making a bet reliant on that.

How about, just for fun, a sig bet as to whether or not a study proving it efficacy gets published in JAMA or the Lancet?
We can start from there and haggle on the parameters in the betting thread?

Oh. It's a bad study by a weird guy now.

And the doctors all over the media are all lying.

See how this goes. You apply nefarious motives to anything that runs contrary to your opinion
He is a weird guy and his publishing record seems questionable.
Also, he released the findings of his study as a video. That is *achem..unorthodox to say the least.
None of the studies are strong, this one seems to have the most red flags surrounding its actual legitimacy.

And I gotta go to bed soon, so I might not reply to anything more until tomorrow evening.

He is a weird guy and his publishing record seems questionable.
Also, he released the findings of his study as a video. That is *achem..unorthodox to say the least.
None of the studies are strong, this one seems to have the most red flags surrounding its actual legitimacy.

Look it up. It's a 26 page study. I can not download it on the phone.

And this dude was very well respected before he came out with the study.

You’re assuming I want to win such a bet? I don’t have a dog in this fight other than medical/ scientific integrity and patient care. If studies show the drug has a benefit and that benefit outweighs the risk then I am happy it’s available.
Also, the FDA is politicized, so I’m wary of making a bet reliant on that.

How about, just for fun, a sig bet as to whether or not a study proving it efficacy gets published in JAMA or the Lancet?
We can start from there and haggle on the parameters in the betting thread?

I'll do a fun bet. But its gonna have to be for FDA approval. FDA is not gonna stamp this CHEAP PLENTIFUL drug unless it works BEAUTIFULLY. If anything they will sit on it until a more expensive American pharmaceutical comes up with something

Back