Do you wash your belt?

zlevflnuggets

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Kinda pointless thread but I'm curious because I wash my gi after every time I train but I never wash my belt. Guess it's become somewhat of a personal superstitious thing of mine, anyone else do the same?

I do every now and then as in once a week. I honestly should dump it in everytime, but it really doesn't get too sweaty and dirty and my laziness doesn't allow me to lift a .5 pound object and put it in a wash after a rolling session.

After every class. If your gi gets dirty enough to wash after each use, why wouldn't your belt? Think about your training partners.

Every time. The "washing away the learning" thing is ridiculous. Its irresponsible to potentially expose yourself and your teammates to staph or other infections.

it's sanitary and I kind of like the look of a faded belt, adds more character than one that looks brand new.

I purposely don't use tide

Yes, both because of hygene and because I have a cheap quality belt that was pretty much cardboard when I got it and washing it has slowly softened it up.

I tend to shove it in one of the sleeves of my gi. One time I didn't and everything ended up in a ball knotted up by my belt. It's not fun to try to untie a wet knot.

Yes. I would rather err on the side of caution when it comes to hygiene and washing stuff. Plus, it's so easy to add a belt to my wash that it's almost silly not to. As far as the washing away skill stuff goes, if all this hard work that I'm putting in can be washed away with some Tide and some hot water then I'm in the wrong art, lol.

Of course, you're belt is not immune to all the smelly, and potentially dangerous infections, so the same rules apply.

like every other class. Truthfully, when I grab my gi out of my bag to throw it in the wash, if it's tangled up in the gi... it just goes in.

If it's hanging out on its own... maybe, maybe not.

Nope. Everytime I've tried, I have lost all my grappling ability and have had to start from scratch again.

I am amazed people still think washing your belt washes away your knowledge.

if its true than Jordan must of been one stinky motherfucker.

I wash my belt because

A. "washing away your knowledge" by washing your belt is not a fact. That's about as ridiculous as believing in invisible people.

B. Staph infection is real. I don't want staph.

Back