Do you think UFC will ever do a Brazilian Supercard

Concrete Whale

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
They already have big Brazilian cards from time to time with at least one Brazilian in every fight. But I wonder if they would ever go all in and have like Werdum, Nunes, Cyborg, Aldo, Texiera and all the biggest Brazilian names in one super event in a huge stadium maybe in Rio. That would be cool. I know they may be planning a super Polish event with Pole vs Pole (KK vs JJ) for the main event. But Brazil is probably the only country other than the USA which has enough top fighters to build a real national supercard around.

Yeah it might happen. Brazilians are rising again

They just had:
Werdum
Anderson (pre injury cancellation)
Shogun
Lil Nog
Vitor
Jacare
Cyborg
Maia

In a 45000 seat arena. I'm not sure what's going on here...

Jacare vs. Bisping-Hendo winner
Nunes vs. Valentina
Anderson vs. Vitor 2
Cyborg vs. Somebody
Werdum vs. Arlovski-Barnett winner.

Make this card. You're welcome Joe Silva.

You got amnesia or dementia ts.

Give me

McGregor vs Aldo II
Anderson vs Sonnen III
JDS vs Werdum II

And build around it

Yeah something bigger than what has gone before, like more leaning towards current top fighters rather than legends, some good suggestions already, something like

Werdum vs Overeem (JDS vs Werdum 2 would also be cool)
Texeira vs Cormier
Nunes vs Rousey
Souza vs Bisping
Maia vs Woodley
RDA vs someone
Aldo vs McGregor
John Lineker vs Cruz
Gadelha vs someone
Cyborg vs Anderson for the inaugural WFW belt

See there are legit Brazilian challengers for the belt in almost every division. Event should probably be in Rio. They are starting to have some more high-profidle Brazilian events already it seems, Cyborg is headlining in Brasilia next month.

They already have big Brazilian cards from time to time with at least one Brazilian in every fight. But I wonder if they would ever go all in and have like Werdum, Nunes, Cyborg, Aldo, Texiera and all the biggest Brazilian names in one super event in a huge stadium maybe in Rio. That would be cool. I know they may be planning a super Polish event with Pole vs Pole (KK vs JJ) for the main event. But Brazil is probably the only country other than the USA which has enough top fighters to build a real national supercard around.
they kind of just did in UFC 198.
But Brazil now is kind of in between crops of top fighters.
So most are old legends that got their due in UFC 198.

I think that, if Aldo & Werdum become champions again, maybe Jacare as well, this might happen once again.

But they need to get more fighters in the top positions to be able to have such a card.

Well, here's a tread gone wrong.

I suppose they never do more than 2 belt fights so they could have two champs defend in Brazil and make the other 3 main card fights title shot eliminators. In the prelims they could lob up some softballs to some up and coming Brazilians to accumulate them another decent win.

Back