Do you think UFC cares about nationale diversity in the roster?

If there's not perfect equity across the roster with equal representation from all nations then it's white supremacy.

Back when Pride was around, the UFC roster was overwhelmingly almost all American. I don't think they should have any kind of quota, I do understand in order to grow globally they are looking for more foreign fighters (eg like OP said, China & Mexico)

Yes. They definitely do have a maximum quota for Brazilians and Russians. Many great fighters in ACA/RCC/OFC (Russian regional circuit) that could and/or should've been fighting in UFC, but are most likely passed over due to this factor.
Well I think a lot of ACA top guys are either tried to get into UFC and failed (Rasulov, Vakhaev, Goncharov, Kerimov for example) or said that they are not leaving (I think LW champ AAA said something along the lines that he will go to UFC if ACA tells him to go there). Plus, recent example of Reznikov -- if you an ACA fighter, better not complain and not talk about leaving.

I think RCC guys are open to leave for a bigger promotion, but this promotion is owned by oligarch so I am not sure if it's a profitable thing to sign with UFC (I think said oligarch also holds boxing events, has a gym and Road to RCC show).

OFC guys are open to leave too but I think multiple champs there are not Russian? Like, Uzbekistani, Kyrgyzstani, Tajikistani.

I imagine they have some internal caps on how many Brazilians or Russians they can hire... And they probably try to sign and push American talents since the US is the biggest market

I have a feeling that if they didn't care about diversity, Americans will be overshadowed quickly
Yes as a Canadian it's easy to see they try and keep 1 token canadian for each class as soon as they get too 2 one is suddenly expendable.

You're looking at this all backwards the ufc doesn't care how many Americans are on the the roster it's the 50% minimum from other countries they have earmarked to grow the sport if they get more international talent on a budget they will.

Americans happily watch conor or khabib or Whittaker or gsp other countries don't.

Last edited:
as long as you bring money and casuals they don't care. Look at what khabib did and Chimaev's been groomed as a potential star.

They do in fact they have roster quotas and demographic goals. It’s all by design

50% of the foster spaces are reserved for American fighters. 50% of the roster is for international fighters

This also reflects where they have shows (back when they traveled). 50% Domestic shows and 50% international

1/6 of the roster is female

They have 90 Brazilian fighters on the roster. This is because— outside of the US—Brazil is their biggest market.

They have plans to have 70 Chinese fighters on the roster sometime in the near future. Hence the UFC Academy they built in Shanghai. This because China is the number one growth market in the whole when it comes to sports

They also have plans to have 30-50 Mexican fighters on the roster in the near future. Hence the UFC Academy they are planning to build in Mexico City. Because they want to capitalize on the huge boxing fandom already present on this country and the fact that it is the largest Spanish speaking country in the world.
Somebody flag this motherfucker as a UFC shill.... can't stand that Sherdog is infested with these Paid Promotional Posters from the UFC.

These are the same guys that crap on the fighters for asking for more money and post random shit about "why a union in the UFC is bad" or "Fedor was overrated"...

Come on Sherdog, you're better than that!

Somebody flag this motherfucker as a UFC shill.... can't stand that Sherdog is infested with these Paid Promotional Posters from the UFC.

These are the same guys that crap on the fighters for asking for more money and post random shit about "why a union in the UFC is bad" or "Fedor was overrated"...

Come on Sherdog, you're better than that!

You really believe this??

{<jordan}

You’re not the brightest bulb are you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back