Do you think Tom Brady's tenure with the Bucs will be productive, borderline, or a flop?

I wish the Bucs beat the pats in the SB then Brady retires imagine that lol

Pretty sure it's going to be pretty mediocre. He's been with one team, one HC and one system for 20 years. Going to a new team and new coach and being old AF probably isn't going to be great.

Shouldve traded for trent Williams

Gone all in

i mean compared to the Winston years a productive but compared to Patriots a flop

It will be a flop

Tom is like the 22nd best Quarterback in the league right now.

The Bucs will make it to the playoffs and lose their first game, so by your definition it will be 'borderline'.

However I think the Patriots will have more success over the following two seasons than the Bucs, which would actually render Brady's tenure in Tampa a flop.

Brady without Belichick is like Robin without Batman.

Theres a decent chance he gets hurt because thats typically how these ancient QB's go out but if he does stay healthy, he'll get them to the playoffs. No super bowl though imo

So you think they' go, at LEAST, 3-3 in the division, 3-1 against the AFC west and 2-2 vs the NFC North?
because that's the most reasonable path to 8-8
, and they also have to hope the Falcons and Saints won't do the same to be a "Playoff contender", let alone have a better record than the Packers, Vikings, Seahawks, Eagles, Cowboys, Niners, who all are in that discussion at this point.

Realistically Tampa is a fringe top10 team in the NFC, this is discounting the Rams, Cards etc. that could put a great year together.
Hell the Panthers could fuck around and be 8-8 with the right pieces and schemes.
Looks like the most reasonable path to 8-6 to me, chief.

Looks like the most reasonable path to 8-6 to me, chief.
I’m including the rest of their game (against the Giants and Lions) which they will lose.

Last edited:
This year I think bucs end season at like 11 n 5. Hes got 2 top 10 nfl receivers n a solid duo of TEs. Brady had every reason to succeed here

I think that Brady and the Buccs can be playoff contenders in season 1 but after that a huge dropoff. Kind of like how Favre with Vikings and Montana with Chiefs were productive their first years there but after that father time caught up with them.

Im somewhere between borderline playoff team-disappointment.

I'm gonna go with borderline. The NFC South is no joke.

I have a feeling it won't be as good as everybody thinks.

It's gonna be an absolute disaster. GOAT JaJameis (5000 yards) couldn't do anything with that trainwreck of a franch, lol @ the idea of some 55yo MAGA freak leading them anywhere

Borderline for sure.
On paper and self-evidently, they have a really good defense that will keep them ahead in games where they pull ahead. His WR is often talked about, and for good reason.

The issue is just the fact that their schedule is pretty damn tough and margin for error in the NFC South is going to be very slim. Panthers very well could be a Lions-esque team that will go 2-4 or 3-3 in the division, be terrible on the road, and make themselves a 6-10 team.
Competitive divisions come down to who can sweep two teams the easiest. That's KC, Seattle, GB. Do we think Tampa is going to sweep, let's say the Panthers as well as the Falcons? I don't think that's realistic. They also play the NFC North, could very well be 3-1 or 1-3. Best cast scenario, they split games with the big dogs in the South, go 3-1 in the North, they still have the AFC West, the Rams and Giants.

Realistically Tampa is a 9-7 team, and people will think that will be enough to win the WC. I'm not so sure. Atlanta could easily be 9-7, Saints the same, then we go into the NFC West and North where the margin for teams is even slimmer than the AFC south.

Maybe make the playoffs and generate revenue for the Team but don’t think SuperBowl projections are anywhere near accurate. Will be fun to watch

Good point.
I think they could very well be a top 10 team in the NFC the next 2 seasons.

Solid like Montana with Kansas City, but no title.

Pretty sure it's going to be pretty mediocre. He's been with one team, one HC and one system for 20 years. Going to a new team and new coach and being old AF probably isn't going to be great.

Shouldve traded for trent Williams

Gone all in

i mean compared to the Winston years a productive but compared to Patriots a flop

It will be a flop

Tom is like the 22nd best Quarterback in the league right now.

The Bucs will make it to the playoffs and lose their first game, so by your definition it will be 'borderline'.

However I think the Patriots will have more success over the following two seasons than the Bucs, which would actually render Brady's tenure in Tampa a flop.

I think that Brady and the Buccs can be playoff contenders in season 1 but after that a huge dropoff. Kind of like how Favre with Vikings and Montana with Chiefs were productive their first years there but after that father time caught up with them.

I'm thinking the Bucs catch that second wildcard spot this year then lose

After this year idk what happens

QONVIyz.gif

These are my favourites ^^^.

(And hindsight's 20/20. I wouldn't have predicted anything any better had I seen the thread at the time. Nor am I a Brady fan. Just fun to look back on how most people felt this way. We were all so wrong, it's crazy.)

Back