do you think this possible?

Gracie Barra is the biggest team on the planet and are known to have great competitors. Megaton is good too. Depends on the instructor and feeling of the gym and etc. You should really just take a trial class and figure it out. I recommend Megaton since he apparently personally teaches at this gym and he's a whole lot better than the guy teaching at Gracie Barra Arizona.

BTW not saying Megaton is a better teacher, he just seems to be the more technical BB and has been teaching for way longer.

I've been to neither.

You really should just pick one and focus all your energies there. When you are further along, you can talk with your instructors for seminars or even privates to work on very specific aspects of your game....but even that seems controversial and confrontational ("you can't give me what I need....so I'm going somewhere else for a while...I'll be back though").

Not to mention how expensive it would be. You'd be looking at $250-300 a month for BJJ. That's like a fucking car payment.

well i kno a bunch about gracie barra and there rock solid, but i hav not heard about there jj guy. there judo guy seems off the chart tho. and if megaton actually did teach there it would kinda make it a no brainer.

neither but when i move to arizona they will both be close. only 4 more months. have you been to either of them?

I haven't, but I've met some guys who trained under Megaton. And Megaton submitted my instructor at Mundials. He's good.

Gustavo Dantes is down there too. Go see him on saturdays.

i kno!!!!! i go from somewhere where i have 0 gyms near me and have to drive 45 minutes evry day to arizona, where there fuckin evrywhere. the instruction down there is fuckin unreal

That was incredibly poorly phrased.

Are you asking if you can train at two different schools with two different instructors because their schools emphasize slightly different aspects of the sport?

If so, I would say that it's possible but there are so many stories of gym feuds and an instructor not wanting their students training somewhere else. I think you'd be better off starting with the guy who's good off his back and then taking judo later as a supplement. If you were to earn two blackbelts it'd be slightly redundant as they'd still be BJJ black belts. Why not just go get your shodan in judo?

In six years if you train full time all the time it's possible. Best of luck to you.

That was incredibly poorly phrased.

Are you asking if you can train at two different schools with two different instructors because their schools emphasize slightly different aspects of the sport?

If so, I would say that it's possible but there are so many stories of gym feuds and an instructor not wanting their students training somewhere else. I think you'd be better off starting with the guy who's good off his back and then taking judo later as a supplement. If you were to earn two blackbelts it'd be slightly redundant as they'd still be BJJ black belts. Why not just go get your shodan in judo?

In six years if you train full time all the time it's possible. Best of luck to you.

well guess il jus do judo at gracie barra and jitsu at megatons. gonna be expensive but shall learn a lot.

well guess il jus do judo at gracie barra and jitsu at megatons. gonna be expensive but shall learn a lot.

To save money, if nothing else, you should do your judo at a judo school, not at Gracie Barra. Judo places usually charge a fraction of what BJJ places charge. I pay $120/mo for BJJ and $20/mo for Judo.

To save money, if nothing else, you should do your judo at a judo school, not at Gracie Barra. Judo places usually charge a fraction of what BJJ places charge. I pay $120/mo for BJJ and $20/mo for Judo.

Good tip.

Yeah I'm actually in a similar situation to TS's in a way.

My normal instructor and the one I do Gi classes under is under one family and then we also have a 2nd degree BB who recently began teaching now and he is from a totally different family as well, though he takes care of the No-Gi classes.

I suppose it's not quite the same thing since only one of them can rank due to being in Gi, but it's kind of a strange thing to be taught 2 days Go-Gi by one instructor and 2 days Gi by another.

Certainly makes for a wide array of techniques though.

Yeah I'm actually in a similar situation to TS's in a way.

My normal instructor and the one I do Gi classes under is under one family and then we also have a 2nd degree BB who recently began teaching now and he is from a totally different family as well, though he takes care of the No-Gi classes.

I suppose it's not quite the same thing since only one of them can rank due to being in Gi, but it's kind of a strange thing to be taught 2 days Go-Gi by one instructor and 2 days Gi by another.

Certainly makes for a wide array of techniques though.

Are you paying 2 different fees?

I know you're new to BJJ, but it sort of baffles me why you'd even want to try and get two black belts.

This will make more sense when you begin!

Back