do you think this possible?

the MUSCLESHARK

Orange Belt
Reaction score
do you think it would be possible to get 2 black belts from different renown gyms at the same time? like both 2 times a week.

yup 2 instructors. one gym seems to have better jitsu off back. one seems better at judo and top game.

alright. il post what iv been doing and experience so i can get a realistic expectation. wrestling for 2 years. jitsu for one. 3 bjj competitions. 1 novice teens[ first] 1 intermediate teen [1st] then beginner adults[ subbed in first]. would be willing to go in to classes evryday for 3 hours a day alternating classes each day, to supplement wrestling. how long do you think would be realistically possible.

I don't see you being able to go that long in two separate BJJ camps.

They will want you to claim one or the other at some point.

You could probably get away with that through blue and maybe even purple, but by brown belt SOMEONE will have figured out that you have two wives.

It'd be conceivably possible, if you meant two different arts.

I do both BJJ and Judo.

I think you would be more likely to get at least one black belt by going to one school 4 times a week rather than two different schools twice a week.

Sure, they'll notice your skill improving, but there will always be a seed of doubt on promoting you too quickly, since they won't truly understand that mat time you spend.

I can't go to my school on Thursdays and so I have mats in my house that I train on with some other guys that can't make that Thursday night trek. It's good for us, but doesn't really count as mat time for my coach.....he doesn't see it. I've at least let him know about it, so that he knows we train another day a week in an "open mat/show and tell" format, so we get some credit, but I know he'd still rather have us in class.

You could get your BB from one. then show up at the other club with a Brown belt and voila.

But yeah, seriously no one gonna remove the old belt from your hips without asking the instructor that put it on your hips at the first place.

yea the fact that you wouldent want to tell your coach that you have been rolling at another gym would suck as well. i don kno i guess i just dont want to choose between gyms. want them both

yea the fact that you wouldent want to tell your coach that you have been rolling at another gym would suck as well. i don kno i guess i just dont want to choose between gyms. want them both

but it would not be fair on both coaches either.

each coach have their own style and would try to influence your style.

every time, they would have to correct stuff that they do not agree with.

it is just painfull to see.

leichen you make a good point. my goal is to get a bb from megaton and one from gracie barra. i feel like if i got a bb from one the other would respect it lol

leichen you make a good point. my goal is to get a bb from megaton and one from gracie barra. i feel like if i got a bb from one the other would respect it lol

by the time you get purple, you already would have known which family you want to belong to anyway.

do you train at either of these places now? or is this just something that you are planning in your head?

do you train at either of these places now? or is this just something that you are planning in your head?

neither but when i move to arizona they will both be close. only 4 more months. have you been to either of them?

neither but when i move to arizona they will both be close. only 4 more months. have you been to either of them?

I've been to neither.

You really should just pick one and focus all your energies there. When you are further along, you can talk with your instructors for seminars or even privates to work on very specific aspects of your game....but even that seems controversial and confrontational ("you can't give me what I need....so I'm going somewhere else for a while...I'll be back though").

The loyalty that is expected from a student at most schools would cause problems with you wanting to train at another school close by.

Back