Do you think they will announce Jon Jones return during the UFC 228 weigh in/PPV broadcast?

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There have been many rumblings around the MMA world that Jon will be cleared soon.

Plus GAT supplements announced “the return of the King”, which would make no sense business wise if there was still a possibility of a wrongful long suspension.

The UFC is known to make big announcements during weigh in’s to hype up the PPV and get everyone excited for future PPV’s.

With all signs pointing to a Jones return at UFC 230 in MSG, I believe they will officially announce his clearance during the weigh ins Friday. Then hype it up more during the PPV Saturday. What do you guys think?

There have been many rumblings around the MMA world that Jon will be cleared soon.

Plus GAT supplements announced “the return of the King”, which would make no sense business wise if there was still a possibility of a wrongful long suspension.

The UFC is known to make big announcements during weigh in’s to hype up the PPV and get everyone excited for future PPV’s.

With all signs pointing to a Jones return at UFC 230 in MSG, I believe they will officially announce his clearance during the weigh ins Friday. Then hype it up more during the PPV Saturday. What do you guys think?

Jones should hit dc with a steel chair and give him the middle finger
and tell him that the ufc is his yard

Yup. Jones vs Gus 2 MSG for interim title is my guess. Thats why Jones has been so "positive" lately

Nah
Something like that won't be announced by the UFC, it will leak

Not enough eyeballs on this PPV for such a huge announcement. Could be announced before then, I suppose.

I believe it would be the right decision, the fans want Jon Jones back. This is the best for business

If so USDA will leave themselves open to be sued by everyone who has received longer sentences for lesser offences and make a mockery of the organisation.

Sadly I still believe it happens, no way nate is strong enough to headline msg. But its disgusting if a repeated cheat gets such a minor penalty for a repeated offence just because Dana needs a main event.

If it happens I hope gus finally lives up to his potential and sleeps a "clean" jobes

200.webp
F*k Yeah! That would be so sweet, just to even pan through all the triggered & shook themed threads from all the haters that would be sure to pop up...

War Bad Bones Jones

I think they'll announce it during the weigh-ins, similar to the Stipe vs DC announcement during the UFC Charlotte weigh-ins

DgQkalb.png

That would make a huge % of sherdog <24> to the max

giphy.gif

My reaction:
36778865_1036155583229111_444958607570632704_n.jpg

Didnt even happen and it has already begun. This guy would probably commit seppuku
<This7>

good god.. all you fanboys desperately hanging on to anything.

Pray tell me, to get a 75% reduction in his punishment he would have had to produce a supplement, that was not high risk, that was contaminated..

where is that supplement.. Jon said in interviews as recently as yesterday is he hoping it wont be 4 years..

USADA even publish all supplements found contaminated...

as of 5/9 they have not added anything contaminated with turinabol

http://www.supplement411.org/hrl/#HighRiskList

Pray tell me, to get a 75% reduction in his punishment he would have had to produce a supplement, that was not high risk, that was contaminated..

where is that supplement.. Jon said in interviews as recently as yesterday is he hoping it wont be 4 years..
0211DB12-307E-44E9-9752-E23E0217407E.jpeg
#FreeJones

Nah
Something like that won't be announced by the UFC, it will leak

ariel_haters.gif

USADA even publish all supplements found contaminated...

as of 5/9 they have not added anything contaminated with turinabol

http://www.supplement411.org/hrl/#HighRiskList

But 230 needs a main event :(

That would make a huge % of sherdog <24> to the max

giphy.gif

My reaction:
36778865_1036155583229111_444958607570632704_n.jpg

Didnt even happen and it has already begun. This guy would probably commit seppuku
<This7>

<[analyzed}>

No way. He’s not that big of a draw. How would that be worth the backlash from all of the other fighters who have been suspended. They make money without him. Statistically speaking, he is likely to be flagged again when he re-enters the testing pool.

What do you guys think?
I think WADA would knock out USADA for ignoring protocol (isn't there precedent for that @dimspace ?) and that's not even taking CSAC into consideration with Jones' license still being revoked.

You're reaching.

I think WADA would knock out USADA for ignoring protocol (isn't there precedent for that @dimspace ?) and that's not even taking CSAC into consideration with Jones' license still being revoked.

You're reaching.

Yeh, was just a few months back. Demarte Pena, let off by the national anti doping agency, (well actually the arbitrators but the anti doping agency totally failed to put forward a coherant argument), WADA appealed the decision, got four years.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/...ilty-of-doping-banned-for-four-years-16135978

If Jones was unable to provide a source of contamination (which at the CSAC hearing he hadnt, and in recent interviews he still hasnt) and USADA gave him a 75% reduction its highly likely WADA would appeal because of the precedent it would set.

I think that we should make a bet. If Jones fights at 230, I will leave the forum for a year. I he doesn't, you leave until he comes back. Deal?

Yeh, was just a few months back. Demarte Pena, let off by the national anti doping agency, (well actually the arbitrators but the anti doping agency totally failed to put forward a coherant argument), WADA appealed the decision, got four years.

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/boxing/...ilty-of-doping-banned-for-four-years-16135978

If Jones was unable to provide a source of contamination (which at the CSAC hearing he hadnt, and in recent interviews he still hasnt) and USADA gave him a 75% reduction its highly likely WADA would appeal because of the precedent it would set.
One can only hope. War WADA!!

Back