• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think that face/off has aged poorly?

i watched this when i was on the young side

just checked out the trailer on youtube

dont really remember anything about the movie to be honest

I'm partial to john woo movies tho and that's the best one he's done in Hollywood

No

You're Shit at analysing film, TS.

Just another Gen Z dork giving a contrarian review of a classic, out of context. (If you're not Gen Z, shame on you).

It's not top tier action movie material (a la, Diehard, T2, Predator), but it's a rip roaring b level action romp that holds up.
I'm a millennial, I enjoy the movie but it's just silly to me so hard to take it seriously. I think it's not just an age thing but also because John Woo is Chinese there's a gap there too. I think John Woo is a horrible director personally

I'm a millennial, I enjoy the movie but it's just silly to me so hard to take it seriously. I think it's not just an age thing but also because John Woo is Chinese there's a gap there too. I think John Woo is a horrible director personally
Shots fired

You don't like slow motion doves flying around before every action sequence?

I'm partial to john woo movies tho and that's the best one he's done in Hollywood
Think Mission Impossible 2 was better, but I agree, can’t go wrong with Woo

You don't like slow motion doves flying around before every action sequence?
I guess I've been spoiled by some of the more realistic stuff that's come out more recently in war movies like act of valor, or Lone survivor. No country for old men had some of my favorite action scenes of all time too, there just weren't many but it's better that way.

Lol it wasn't

Have you seen his hk movies. Also hard target was good. Still haven't seen broken arrow
Lol can’t take this seriously
YhR-qf.gif

Actually haven’t seen Hard Target. Gonna add that to my que.

Great movie, if you dont have fun watching face off you're dead inside.

Thank you.. I was getting triggered by the combo of posts in this thread where people were shitting on it.

FANTASTIC MOVIE I watch it at least once a year.

That part where the woman dies (Gina G's character) in Nick Cage's arms and looks him in the eye and tells him "don't let our son turn out like us" hits me in the feels EVERY TIME.

Back