Opinion Do you think Russia had any involvement in recent years events that put West in crisis?

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let there be no doubt. Trump and Brexit is Putin wet dream. But is it fair to say he had some input or was purely coincidental? I know, I know there were other more or less significant factors, but lets focus on this particular subject.

Personally I like to think they definitely had some input. Trump says 'oh Europe gets gas of Putin yet they want us to protect them against him'. And what is there for Putin to think about it? Nothing because Europe will never pay more to get American gas and Putin knows it, and attacks like that makes people think that Trump really is against Putin therefore any speculations about Russian collusion are dismissed as nonsense. Why would Putin endorsed Trump when he have a go at him?

What you think?

Other than taking out a few hundred dollars on Facebook adds.....nope.

Are you asking if the Cold War ever truly ended? No, it didn't.

Trump says 'oh Europe gets gas of Putin yet they want us to protect them against him'. And what is there for Putin to think about it? Nothing because Europe will never pay more to get American gas and Putin knows it

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/in...-changes-course-on-u-s-gas-imports-1540209647

BERLIN—Chancellor Angela Merkel has offered government support to efforts to open up Germany to U.S. gas, a key concession to President Trump as he tries to loosen Russia’s grip on Europe’s largest energy market.

Over breakfast this month, the chancellor told a small group of lawmakers her government had decided to co-finance the construction of a €500 million ($576 million) liquefied natural gas shipping terminal in northern Germany, according to people familiar with the meeting, giving a crucial nudge to a project that had failed to get off the ground for years in a country that gets most of its gas cheaply from Russia.

Mr. Trump has intensively lobbied Europe to buy significant amounts of LNG as part of his campaign to rewrite the terms of trade relations. German and U.S. officials said Berlin hoped embracing U.S. gas might help solve a protracted trade dispute and possibly even defuse threats by Washington to sanction Nord Stream 2, an unbuilt German-Russian gas pipeline that would double Russia’s existing gas export capacity to Germany.

Other than taking out a few hundred dollars on Facebook adds.....nope.

It's nothing short of insane how much time and energy has been dedicated to that stupid shit, all the while there are real problems of a far greater threat to both economic and national security to actually deal with.

I think you're looking at the wrong direction. There's one country which influences the US much more than any other by far and it's not Russia.

does anyone really think that the 2 most beneficial votes to russia since....... ever had no russian influence and were just lucky for them?

Brexit i would argue is also good for Germany and France. It has long been known and openly stated by US strategists that the UK´s role in the EU was one of influencing a pro atlantist (Anglo) establishment view point and preventing a german french alliance. With Brexit now the EU can finally become greater and grow more independent (militarily to) and not need constant US money spent on them.

I would assume any normal american who is against world policing and the trillions in money and tons of blood it has cost your nation would also be in favor of this. Regarding the facebook stuff. I feel that crap is so minor and laughable considering actual election rigging and coups the West has been apart of and has admitted to. From Chile to libya etc it goes on and on. And yes one could say Russia was wrong for georgia.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/in...-changes-course-on-u-s-gas-imports-1540209647

BERLIN—Chancellor Angela Merkel has offered government support to efforts to open up Germany to U.S. gas, a key concession to President Trump as he tries to loosen Russia’s grip on Europe’s largest energy market.

Over breakfast this month, the chancellor told a small group of lawmakers her government had decided to co-finance the construction of a €500 million ($576 million) liquefied natural gas shipping terminal in northern Germany, according to people familiar with the meeting, giving a crucial nudge to a project that had failed to get off the ground for years in a country that gets most of its gas cheaply from Russia.

Mr. Trump has intensively lobbied Europe to buy significant amounts of LNG as part of his campaign to rewrite the terms of trade relations. German and U.S. officials said Berlin hoped embracing U.S. gas might help solve a protracted trade dispute and possibly even defuse threats by Washington to sanction Nord Stream 2, an unbuilt German-Russian gas pipeline that would double Russia’s existing gas export capacity to Germany.

that may be good for immediate US oil interests. But i dont see how it makes your country ´greater´ when you are threatening to sanction a supposed ally in Germany for simply wanting to buy gas from someone who is closer at a better deal and not interfere in the german military or political process. Like or dislike the Russians they havent tried that since soviet days and arent likely to when no russian strategists or think tanks seem to even entertain the idea.

It says a lot at Washington´s arrogance when sanctions are there go to when they are upset at something. Heaven forbid an álly´´ seek something that helps them and bypasses the US.

I think the west has managed to plunge itself into a crisis pretty well just fine without Russia needing to help.

I used to think Trump is Putin's guy but changed my mind with sending Ukrainians Javelin missiles to take out Russian tanks in east Ukraine while Obama only sent them food and lame defensive weapons. Also starting trade war with EU so they buy our gas instead of Putins. Results of meuller investigation so far has indicted people for sundry crimes like tax evasion and lying to FBI not collusion with Russia. Full investigation not completed yet but won't be surprised if nothing is like that is found. Russia OFC tries to influence things like anyone but I think it back fired. Israel basically owns us though and to lessor extent Saudi Arabia.

I used to think Trump is Putin's guy but changed my mind with sending Ukrainians Javelin missiles to take out Russian tanks in east Ukraine while Obama only sent them food and lame defensive weapons. Also starting trade war with EU so they buy our gas instead of Putins.

Astute.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/view/...trump-and-putin-are-locked-in-a-macho-contest

A false narrative emerging in the U.S. holds that Trump has just recently turned tough on Russia. One look at the long chronology of his administration's hostility toward Putin's Russia should dispel that.

It includes the early appointments of Russia hawks such as UN representative Nikki Haley and CIA director Pompeo; the first ever U.S. missile strike on Putin ally Syrian President Bashar al-Assad's military installation in April 2017; the abrupt closure of three Russian diplomatic facilities in the U.S. in late August (which Russia accurately described as "blatantly hostile"); the decision to send lethal weapons to Ukraine in December; a deadly counterattack on a group of Russian mercenaries in Syria in February.

A column Wednesday by The Intercept's Glenn Greenwald, who like me has long disagreed with the "Trump is a Russian puppet" narrative, contains a slightly different list of the Trump administration's anti-Kremlin actions.

The more recent moves -- the biggest ever expulsion of Russian diplomats from the U.S. following the poisoning in the U.K. of a former Russian double agent, the harshest ever sanctions imposed on a Russian billionaire (aluminum tycoon Oleg Deripaska), fresh anti-Russian appointments (Pompeo's move to State and John Bolton's elevation to national security adviser) -- merely continue this line of actions. They constitute an escalation but not a policy shift.

Pompeo was referring to "years of soft policy" on Russia under President Obama, which ended with Trump's election. And indeed, Obama pointedly rejected all the hostile actions that Trump has taken -- except hawkish appointments, which only led to the appointees' frustration. Pompeo's "now" is the Trump presidency itself.

Russia was behind Iran being so effective against America in the recent Iraq war.

That fucked the US pretty hard.

The biggest crisis the West has suffered at the hands of a Russian:

Conor04.gif

What crisis?

livingston.jpg

He got in trouble.

{<jordan}

Rutgers May Discipline Professor Who Made Anti-White Facebook Posts

A longtime Rutgers University history professor could be facing disciplinary action after an investigation by the university concluded he violated its discrimination and harassment policy when he posted on Facebook that he hates white people, a comment he argues was “satirical.”

Rutgers’ decision, the professor says, threatens the tradition of academic freedom at public institutions. But the university argues it needs to maintain a discrimination-free environment.

Harlem Diner Owners Blast Professor's Racist Rant On White Kids

“For five years and counting, we built our business on a prerogative [of] cherishing diversity within our ownership, staff and customers in our beloved Harlem COMMUNITY. We refuse to be sucked into your racist rants, so if you wish to name drop, please use names of those with similar views,” Pasic and Coaxum told TheBlaze.

“We ask that our name is removed from your rant because we do not want to have anything to do with you,” the women added. “And yeah, we ask that you get your burgers somewhere else. We do not tolerate racism either. We thrive on equality and fairness and have full intentions to keep it that way!”

that may be good for immediate US oil interests. But i dont see how it makes your country ´greater´ when you are threatening to sanction a supposed ally in Germany for simply wanting to buy gas from someone who is closer at a better deal and not interfere in the german military or political process. Like or dislike the Russians they havent tried that since soviet days and arent likely to when no russian strategists or think tanks seem to even entertain the idea.

It says a lot at Washington´s arrogance when sanctions are there go to when they are upset at something. Heaven forbid an álly´´ seek something that helps them and bypasses the US.

It doesn't and I wouldn't sanction them. I love Germany, have been there and appreciate the culture on various levels. It's an incredibly influential and innovative country.

Let there be no doubt. Trump and Brexit is Putin wet dream. But is it fair to say he had some input or was purely coincidental? I know, I know there were other more or less significant factors, but lets focus on this particular subject.

Personally I like to think they definitely had some input. Trump says 'oh Europe gets gas of Putin yet they want us to protect them against him'. And what is there for Putin to think about it? Nothing because Europe will never pay more to get American gas and Putin knows it, and attacks like that makes people think that Trump really is against Putin therefore any speculations about Russian collusion are dismissed as nonsense. Why would Putin endorsed Trump when he have a go at him?

What you think?

Never seen a poster have as consistently bad takes as this guy ^^

Russia is still crippled by economic sanctions which Trump placed . But its still superior to having Hillary Clinton come in and start WW3 over Syria.
There is zero proof of any Russia link , which is why the democrats refused to hand over their computers to the FBI when they got hacked . Unless you want to show solid evidence !!
Clinton had the election rigged for her and still lost.

Tbh I think Putin’s “power” (internal and external) is a bit overrated. I also don’t think he is as bad as the west portrays him to be

Back