Do you think older TJ samples should be reexamined?

Randlewand

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cody may not be a pillar of philosophy and logic, but requesting TJ's old samples be re-examined for EPO is reasonable imo. What about the samples from the Barao fights? What happens if more positives turn up with more targeted testing? If so, I am ok with a lifetime ban.

Where do you stop?

You want all the fights to be cancelled for the whole year? They're all on gear

why not? I don't want an increase in his suspension, but I'd like to know if he had an advantage in the Garbrandt fights. If he did they should be changed to a NC IMO.

Totally reasonable. The testers are always playing catch-up. The best deterrent to the abuse of banned substances is the knowledge that it might not be enough to be able to beat a test today.

why not? I don't want an increase in his suspension, but I'd like to know if he had an advantage in the Garbrandt fights. If he did they should be changed to a NC IMO.
Same with Barao, I'm sure he was doing this shit for those fights now.

Same with Barao, I'm sure he was doing this shit for those fights now.
if they have the technology to test prior samples (and as long as those samples are guaranteed to not be contaminated), then they should test everything with modern day technology... I used to be a fan, but I'm starting to think a large portion of TJ's career is a lie. SMH.

Only if he gets further penalties based on them
If not it seems like a waste of time

Is there a point? Would this increase his sentence if he pops for multiple fights?
Are we only doing TJ's or are we doing everyone who has popped? Cause If you get busted all of a sudden it's highly likely you've juiced in the past too.

if they have the technology to test prior samples (and as long as those samples are guaranteed to not be contaminated), then they should test everything with modern day technology... I used to be a fan, but I'm starting to think a large portion of TJ's career is a lie. SMH.
Same here bro .....
Hiv_e76d7a_1013187.jpg

Yes

Machida should sample the urine
lyoto-machida-and-father-drink-urine.jpeg

BJ Penn will sample the blood
tumblr_lr0pz1PlYK1qe7zozo1_500.jpg

TJ didn't need EPO to put away Cody. The fights didn't go very long. He smoked Garbrandt pretty quickly both times.

USADA needs to kick rocks IMO.

Only if he get further penalties based on them
If not it seems like a waste of time
Not if it takes 2 TKO loses off both Barao & Cody's records, I think that's worth it. Effectively erases TJ's legacy, if he was juicing this shit for those fights change them to No Contests.

His old samples now have a reason for more scrutinized analysis. And yes, if he comes back with two more positives, he should be banned for life. He might well have fucked multiple fighters out of their livelihoods and ability to support their families.

TJ didn't need EPO to put away Cody. The fights didn't go very long. He smoked Garbrandt pretty quickly both times.

USADA needs to kick rocks IMO.

I'm all for USADA going away. It's all about a level playing field (as much as possible).

But I'm not ok with doped vs clean athletes being represented as fair fights.

They can easily check to see if his original A samples were tested for EPO. If they weren’t I think it’s a reasonable expectation for Cody to want the B samples tested.

Whether they do it, or not is not up to me. But, yeah I think the situation. Especially previous public accusations of EPO use specifically. Warrant further investigation. I think it’s fair.

If he was juiced for those fights. Cody doesn’t deserve those two losses, and should have them changed into NC.

Yup.

And GSP too.

And Hendricks, too

Oh, and Randy the natural Couture too.

Not if it takes 2 TKO loses off both Barao & Cody's records, I think that's worth it. Effectively erases TJ's legacy, if he was juicing this shit for those fights change them to No Contests.
I'm not specifically talking about suspensions
Taking away a W would be a penalty

Back