Do you think older TJ samples should be reexamined?

Well according to some of the tweets on this article, it looks like they've already started testing old samples. Found EPO in a Dec sample already. I'm all for it. Loved TJ style but always thought he was a douche. If he was juiced in all thoses fights, he should be fully exposed whether or not the results of those fights are affected or his suspension extended. They need to make an example out of him.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/cody-garbrandt-responds-to-t-j-dillashaws-usada-suspension

Well according to some of the tweets on this article, it looks like they've already started testing old samples. Found EPO in a Dec sample already. I'm all for it. Loved TJ style but always thought he was a douche. If he was juiced in all thoses fights, he should be fully exposed whether or not the results of those fights are affected or his suspension extended. They need to make an example out of him.

https://mmajunkie.com/2019/04/cody-garbrandt-responds-to-t-j-dillashaws-usada-suspension

Yes they do. You do not get a slap on the wrist for these two substances, otherwise all clean/relatively-clean athletes will start using accordingly with the risk.

Sure. Let's do the same with all of Jones & Anderson's samples too. And Brock's for sure, nobody wants to see him fight D.C.

Right now, there are literally 16 threads on the front page about TJ doping. Fuck off with this spam already.

Yes they do. You do not get a slap on the wrist for these two substances, otherwise all clean/relatively-clean athletes will start using accordingly with the risk.

Well clean athletes don’t have to start using. But, they are certainly at a disadvantage if the other fighter is not clean. And, that’s the problem.

I believe USADA keeps all samples in anticipation of advances in detection. If they feel like they will be able to find something they do go back.

I think its a great idea. When fighters know their whole legacy could be thrown out like Lance Armstrong's was they might think twice before trying to beat the current system with juicing. That being said there are fighters that still might do it for the short term monetary gain. Make them forfeit their purses to their past opponents too.

I think its a great idea. When fighters know their whole legacy could be thrown out like Lance Armstrong's was they might think twice before trying to beat the current system with juicing. That being said there are fighters that still might do it for the short term monetary gain. Make them forfeit their purses to their past opponents too.

Exactly. If USADA can get a little more consistent, and fighters (like TJ) start owing back winnings that they cheated to get in the first place, it would could have a positive effect on limiting PED use.

Jon Jones too while they're at it.

Exactly. If USADA can get a little more consistent, and fighters (like TJ) start owing back winnings that they cheated to get in the first place, it would could have a positive effect on limiting PED use.

At what cost? How far back do you want to unravel the history of the sport? How many title fights in UFC history had a clean winner in your opinion?

When you see a thread hanging off a sweater, you should resist the urge to pull it.

It's like reopening a court case after new evidence has been introduced. The test findings combined with multiple suspicious performances warrant re-investigation.

Considering that they are a Doping Agency, they should definitely test older samples. Even if it’s just for statistical or scientific purposes.

If they have the capability to do so, I can see why they would. The question is, if he did test positive for EPO from the old samples, would those fights be overturned? If the answer is yes, dude may watch his entire legacy go up in flames.

They can easily check to see if his original A samples were tested for EPO. If they weren’t I think it’s a reasonable expectation for Cody to want the B samples tested.

Whether they do it, or not is not up to me. But, yeah I think the situation. Especially previous public accusations of EPO use specifically. Warrant further investigation. I think it’s fair.

If he was juiced for those fights. Cody doesn’t deserve those two losses, and should have them changed into NC.
Im pretty sure that dana or novitzsky said that they go back to check older samples once they get new and better ways of testing samples.

Cody may not be a pillar of philosophy and logic, but requesting TJ's old samples be re-examined for EPO is reasonable imo. What about the samples from the Barao fights? What happens if more positives turn up with more targeted testing? If so, I am ok with a lifetime ban.
So only test his samples from victories? That’s fair.
Hey remember when everybody two weeks ago we’re trashing the USADA and not the UFC because of all the failed drug test and the lack of repercussions?

how about Anderson or jones or Diuretics Hendricks or anybody who has been flagged or suspended by USADA
how about samples from before USADA?
Dillashaw is a douche for doping but how far are the UFC willing to take it for past fights

Would the samples not be null and void at this point? Or do they not expire?

I think it could be beneficial to test older samples for any busted fighter who has held a belt at some point.

Penalty might be to surrender the belt and change some W's just like they do in the Olympics

Back