Do you think Megan Anderson was released to set an example?

It was because there wasn't anything left at that weight division. The Megan fight was the last possible match up for Nunes at that weight because she has already beat everyone else. They also most likely did it to let Megan develop her skills a bit more. Her grappling and overall mma game still needs work, so they did what they do to other fighters - let them go and will re-sign after improvements.

That's also why they don't have rankings for the female145 division on the UFC website. They have a few fighters still on contract and there may be a couple more title fights, but it doesn't seem like they are signing new talent for the division. They may be waiting for when Kayla Harrison and Clarissa Shields cross over. They also may try to set up a title shot with Daniele Wolf if she is able to beat the other female FW fighters.
^Best answer.
If Amanda ever relinquishes the title, they'll close down the division.

It's probably for the best. She was never going to be a champion in the UFC and Bellator / PFL would be open to taking her onboard as they desperately need competition for Cyborg and Harrison.

Last I heard she started streaming on twitch or something so Onlyfans is probably in her near future as well.

I think they should kept her y not she kinda hot nice ass

^Best answer.
If Amanda ever relinquishes the title, they'll close down the division.
Depends, if they get Kayla or Shields they'll keep it open. Right now it's open while they develop in another promotion, I'm sure they will eventually find their way into UFC in the future.

She was a load of shit, and didn't deserve the platform she had after that humiliating loss.
And just LOL at the bitchass woke mod who to frightendly moved this thread to lightweights.
Bitches are part of the problem.
Yeah the new mods have been wastelanding a lot of threads lately. They want to make the heavies into a basic news forum

No, she was released because she completely shit the bed in her title shot.
I mean the outcome was pretty much expected by everyone. Not sure what she could've done differently

She was a load of shit, and didn't deserve the platform she had after that humiliating loss.
And just LOL at the bitchass woke mod who to frightendly moved this thread to lightweights.
Bitches are part of the problem.
Lol. It was probably moved to the lightweights because it's a stupid thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back