1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Do you think Megan Anderson was released to set an example?

Discussion in 'The Lightweights' started by The Chosen, Sep 20, 2021.

1. The Chosen Banned Banned

Dana doesn’t like woke culture and she was going after Casey Kenney for his comments on her appearance

2. SCTwins Silver Belt

Not really.

King in the North likes this.
  3. AbominableJoman Blue Belt

No. She was released because she isn’t good at fighting, iirc…

4. Ares Black Plutonium Belt

No, she was released because she completely shit the bed in her title shot.

Grill master likes this.
  5. KingRyan Orange Belt

It definitely makes sense. They cut her after a title shot and she is a hot WMMA fighter. Nothing else really makes sense.

M.U.S.C.L.E. likes this.
  6. Grill master Sherbro

I think it's because she's shit in bed.

<31>

TP4iR and M.U.S.C.L.E. like this.
  7. FIghtxIQ Black Belt

It was because there wasn't anything left at that weight division. The Megan fight was the last possible match up for Nunes at that weight because she has already beat everyone else. They also most likely did it to let Megan develop her skills a bit more. Her grappling and overall mma game still needs work, so they did what they do to other fighters - let them go and will re-sign after improvements.

That's also why they don't have rankings for the female145 division on the UFC website. They have a few fighters still on contract and there may be a couple more title fights, but it doesn't seem like they are signing new talent for the division. They may be waiting for when Kayla Harrison and Clarissa Shields cross over. They also may try to set up a title shot with Daniele Wolf if she is able to beat the other female FW fighters.

8. The Chosen Banned Banned

She could have been used as a gatekeeper, it’s just odd to release someone right after they fought for a title

omawho402 likes this.
  9. TheMaster Take The Road To Reality Double Yellow Card

She was a load of shit, and didn't deserve the platform she had after that humiliating loss.
    And just LOL at the bitchass woke mod who to frightendly moved this thread to lightweights.
    Bitches are part of the problem.

10. FIghtxIQ Black Belt

I think it's so she can improve away from the UFC. Her overall mma game isn't on par with the other female fighters on the roster. Her striking is, but she has a clear weakness with grappling that she hasn't been able to fix yet. I also think the way she lost and how quickly she lost factored in, everyone else on the roster gave Nunes a harder fight and with Megan it seemed like it was going to be over right when the first exchange happened. I'm sure they will re-sign her after she makes improvements. They let both Brandon Moreno and Robbie Lawler go and they both came back and won the title.

11. cheesus Yellow Card Yellow Card

The UFC tried to sell Megan as a legit contender due to her size & frame for the division, she was one of few legit featherweights and not an overweight batamweight. Now that she'd had her opportunity and lost convincingly, there's much else they can do with her. They're struggling for any female featherweights, let alone featherweight contenders. They'll close down the division soon enough.

12. IveBeenHere4yrs White Belt

She's just garbage, she was the only fight left at 145 and unless she won everyone knew she was getting let go. I forgot about her, just remembered she was always tweeting, I don't follow her but those youtube mma channels used to put her post up.

13. abject Green Belt

Wow, i did not know she had been cut. Seems a bit premature. I found her very plain looking so maybe Dana agreed with me. Not hot enough.

14. DizzyYeahYeah Red Belt

145 is a wasteland and she probably told them she isn't going to cut to 135 (probably can't physically make the weight).

Bellator or PFL will throw money at her if she continues fighting.

15. snugglecakes Brown Belt

Damn the dog didn’t even do an article about her release like they usually do for high profile UFC Releases… brutal… heck they usually have an article when who the fook is that guy fighters get released… but I guess this means she is lesser tier than even who the fook is that guy

16. 2quik82 Blue Belt

17. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

Cause she sucks.

18. MMAProfessional Golden Belt

I was thinking the same. I think she fought out her contract and the UFC declined to resign. She was horrible anyway. Physically looked like she would be good but in reality shit and mentally weak.

19. TheWobbler Brown Belt

She completed her contract after the title fight. Not worth keeping her for a division that sucks.

20. TJH Exitium Green Belt

Setting the example that if you suck at your job you will be replaced