Do you think Kalib Starnes regrets doing the running man?

He's never talked about it now that it's years later?

What does he say about the whole situation ?

He pretty much said it at the time. He claimed he suffered a broken foot.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2008/4/22/144920/121

While it's hard to believe he could run so well on a broken foot, I do agree with his comments about Dana. The guy's never had a verifiable real fight yet he holds himself up as the arbiter of courage and what it takes to be a fighter.

Seeing as it is still brought up years later, maybe, but then again, he is a fighter and maybe he does not give a damn what any of us think.

Nobody wants to be remembered as a runner. Look what condit had to do to overcome that rep. Kalib is screwed. Gurantee he wishes it was different.

i've only seen one video of his fight in the ufc and i hope he never gets into the ufc again. shit like that should never be seen in the ufc.

He is a talented fighter and had some very respectable UFC appearances prior to his meeting with Quarry.

if they deducted points for stalling then shit like this would not happen

He claimed that he broke his foot and that Quarry looked like a "rockin' robot" whatever the hell that means.

I was at that event live, people were all wondering what the hell was going on! :icon_conf

I'd have more sympathy for Kalib Starnes if he took accountability for running in that fight. Even if he kinda made a B.S. excuse like, "I was feeling really sick that day so I ran, it was a pretty pathetic fight." But I don't believe he has and so forever it will be the elephant in the room. By him ignoring it, not addressing it, it actually highlights it more.

Probably every day of his life. I believe he was protesting because he couldn't afford health insurance as he was a fighter and no one would cover him.

Which is kind of silly because I think that's something you're supposed to understand when becoming a prize-fighter, and funnily enough now the UFC offers that full health insurance.

Should have just ran a few years longer.

I think so he's getting older now anyway probably won't be fighting for to many more years

I asked him this very question once... but he ran away before answering...

He was fighting a heavyweight, and Starnes is a middleweight.

HW has a lot of guys who could be MWs if they wanted to diet a little bit and then cut weight. Starnes is not a small guy. Isn't he 6'3"?

Back