Do you think Kalib Starnes regrets doing the running man?

mma_genius

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I watched him fight Dave Herman, at heavyweight last night. IMO he was clearly the better fighter, Herman just won the decision via his size.

The announcers kept saying how he was begging to get on different cards in Stirkeforce, WSOF and Bellator, even offering to fight for free.

So now he is offering to fight for free, when he claimed the UFC wasn't paying enough.

Pretty sad situation actually. The guy had/has talent.

Starnes was a decent fighter with decent skills who could have been a decent gatekeeper. He basically threw his career away.

He was clearly the better fighter by being punched, kicked, and kneed over the course of three rounds.

I think he does. He's still fighting and I guarantee it's for far less than he could have been making at this point. With a lot less recognition too. He should have just trained his ass off and fought his heart out if he wanted a raise; not give the single worst run job in all of MMA.

i've only seen one video of his fight in the ufc and i hope he never gets into the ufc again. shit like that should never be seen in the ufc.

Was hilarious when he flipped out after that fight and demanded out of his contract... and the ufc was like... um okay here ya go!

of course he regrets it. thats the only thing he'll ever be remembered for

Seeing as it is still brought up years later, maybe, but then again, he is a fighter and maybe he does not give a damn what any of us think.

of course that cost him his career imo

He beat Tim Hague at heavyweight. Say what you will but the dude has nuts fighting big punchers like Hague and Herman. He should be at middleweight.

No he doesnt regret it, in fact he denies it, clearly running away from the truth.

I think he'd have to be crazy for it to not bother him.

And I really don't feel sympathy for a fighter that would pull that. You can get away with a lot of shit with the UFC and DW, but running away from a fight's not one of them.

Don't act like you keyboard warriors wouldn't run away from this, the most deadly of martial arts striking stances:

2i2bh9g.gif

of course he regrets it. thats the only thing he'll ever be remembered for

This.

When I think of Starnes, that is the ONLY thing that comes to my mind is that shit ass fight with Quarry.

Starnes disgraced himself as a fighter. I hope he is good or even great at other aspects of his life, because it will always be difficult to take him seriously as a fighter after that performance. If being a fighter matters to him, then he ought to regret running.

Back