Do you think Jon Jones can take Brock Lesnar in a fight ???

Jon Cormier

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
brock-lesnar.gif

Jon Jones recently said he would move up to HVW ONLY for the 'right opponent' and 'right purse' With all the talk about Lesnar coming back, is there a bigger fight UFC can make then Jones vs Lesnar? highly doubt it, so if Jones wants that chedda this is the fight to make.

Just curious as to who you guys see winning this fight and how?

72153.jpg

Jon-Jones-JonnyBones-908-1.jpg

those calves

Last edited:
Wtf, this is an absolute mismatch! Brocks got 50lbs weight advantage on him!

Wtf, this is an absolute mismatch! Brocks got 50lbs weight advantage on him!

so brock > jones no questions ? :icon_conf

but whats with people saying Jones will handle cain like he did dc? id assume if he can destroy cain he can destroy brock too right? lol

Wtf, physics will come into play here, the size difference is criminal! :O

so brock > jones no questions ? :icon_conf

but whats with people saying Jones will handle cain like he did dc? id assume if he can destroy cain he can destroy brock too right? lol

Brock-kryptonite is heavy-handed, hw strikers. Jones, while a competent striker, is not a ko artist, and on top of that would not be strong enough to deal with Brock's shot and top game.

I'd pick Jones over Brock just as i would have picked Cormier. Didn't cormier just destroy a bunch of heavies.
there are probably only 3 guys that could take jones.

COme on people. Its another ball game at HW. Maybe if cain had to cut to get down to LHW jones could take him but not a HW. DC would be better against jones at HW too. Brock might be too slow to be able to get into position for a takedown though.

I'd pick Jones over Brock just as i would have picked Cormier. Didn't cormier just destroy a bunch of heavies.
there are probably only 3 guys that could take jones.

WHat 3 do you think would take him?

I think Brock would be on his ass eating elbows. Jones is clearly better in every area than him and way more proven. Brock has only the weight advantage over Jones and this wouldn

Much as I hate Brock, Jones would get hurt bad in this fight. Say what you will about Brock being gun shy but that was against HEAVYWEIGHTS.

We all saw what a HW can do against a LHW with Maldonado against Miocic. Maldonado was taking beatings from other LHW and still plodded on, even against a heavy handed Texeira. Stipe hit Maldonado once and ConEdison came in and took all the lights and utilities out. Power is a factor.

Jones didn't even faze Cormier one bit with his striking. Now take into account Brock's durability surviving that barrage from Carwin. As talented as Jon is he'd go flying.

If Gus and Cormier could fling Jon to the ground how much more for a guy that probably has 50 lbs against Jon.

Brock was shit striker but a LHW isn't going to faze him.

Brocks rudimentary striking with Jones technical striking and reach would give Brock problems imo, I don't see Brock closing the gap fast enough. That would smash PPV records though.

WHat 3 do you think would take him?

Gotta be Cain, JDS and Werdum? I'd throw Miocic in there too, and maybe Overeem.
As for Brock, its a hard one. Jones is much more skilled, but he really has no power at all. His best chance is to catch a sweep and use his gnp

DC would be better against jones at HW too.

No. If anything Jones would be better in a hw match vs Cormier. Cormier is essentially the same fighter at lhw as he was at hw, while Jones could gain some mass and fill out that bigger frame of his.

I honestly don't know. Brock does not react well to punches. If Brock can get Jones down early, he'd get the win.

Brock-kryptonite is heavy-handed, hw strikers. Jones, while a competent striker, is not a ko artist, and on top of that would not be strong enough to deal with Brock's shot and top game.

People here tend to think that skill is all you need and strength nor size doesn't factor in because they've watched too many movies. Try training with a guy 50 lbs heavier than you and see. I do mean heavier not fatter than you.

It's like the same people thinking that Silva would dominate every LHW on the planet. Against a pitter patter striker like Silva or Bonner sure. There's a reason why Jon is in LHW and Silva is in LHW.

brock could run through him and take him down and then gnp him nasty
dc was too small for jj

I honestly don't know. Brock does not react well to punches. If Brock can get Jones down early, he'd get the win.

Cain's a pressure/volume guy(and still hits hard), while Carwin and Uberreem simply hit/struck harder than anyone in the sport t that time. Jones' boxing from the outside wouldn't work against a guy like Brock. The most he could do is annoy him. And if he tried to rush Brock, he'd be on his back eating punches faster than you could say strawberry thief.

Back