Do you think Bellator should try to sign Pudzian?

Sonny Qc

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
I know Mariusz Pudzianowski isn't a good fighter (well pretty bad I might say)
But Bellator is all about TV rating. Can he (a former world strongest man) bring a lot of viewers in north america? Bellator could very well market him has a freak show. If he is on TV vs Kimbo or Lashley would you watch? Probably won't be cheap tho, KSW seem to pay him very well.

Note. I know I will catch some heat for saying that but, Pudzian beat Rolles Gracie, what does that say about the importance of elite grappling in MMA? (oh... got a bad feeling about that last sentence)
Honnestly could you become successful with ONLY a good Sub defense?

about the importance of grappling, the opposite . Jake Shield can't punch and had a pretty good career with grappling only...
impossible the end that debate. just answer the first part. I don't want to start a shit-storm. Didn't had my first beer today , not ready for that.

It wouldnt be worth it. Hes not a good fighter,and im not sure he can make 265.

What drug test they expect him to pass? ;)

It wouldnt be worth it. Hes not a good fighter,and im not sure he can make 265.
He actually did already. I dont think he's as bad as people think he is, but yeah definietely far from great.

I don't think they can compete with what KSW pays him

right,it makes sense for poland to pay him alot,hes a huge star there,but in america its a different story,and hes not worth the money,just so he can get creamed by...whoever they put him in there with.

I'm from Poland. Pudzian is decent heavyweight fighter but Bellator got some beasts signed lately. Bobby Lashley is the real deal and future HW champion of Bellator probably. If you can stuff his takedowns and have decent stand up - Mariusz Pudzianowski dont have any answer to that.

Bad cardio, low speed, decent takedowns, ok stand up, medicore grappling. He lost with Peter Graham his last fight. ( Though i have to say that Graham was in rly super shape and almost knocked out Karol Bedorf who is very legit HW fighter ).

I'm big fan of him and his biggest problem is his weight.

With his height he could easly be something like 103 - 105kg. And it would benefit him in all places that he needs - Cardio and speed.

Even if he would cut those 10 - 13 kg he would be still strongest MMA fighter on earth.

Do you even lift?

I think he's most marketable fighting in Europe and wouldn't have nearly as much market value in North America. It probably wouldn't be a great place to spend their money. Better to pick up Mitrione or try to scoop Overeem than invest in another freak show.

He should walk to the ring like this..

422284.1078874136710.250.jpg

Would be intimidating as fk..

I think they should. Pudz is not a bad fighter, even if not top 20. He is a huge star in many parts of europe. He will be easy to market as one of the strongest guys to ever live on this planet.

If you compare him to many of the other Bellator and UFC HWs, he is easier to market, and could probably beat some of the lower ranked guys in both orgs.

The problem might be that he is comfortable fighting in Europe, and he might lose some big sponsors if he stops fighting in KSW.

I just think hed be an expensive gimmick fighter that completley fails to deliver once the bell rings...and what drugs is he on?

As much as I like Pudz from his strongman days, i think at the moment he should stay with KSW. aside from Dada 2000, Kimbo and Shemrock I don't see him beating any other HW there. And don't forget about the testing. (I'm not saying he's on something, but it's all very possible)

I know Mariusz Pudzianowski isn't a good fighter (well pretty bad I might say)
But Bellator is all about TV rating. Can he (a former world strongest man) bring a lot of viewers in north america? Bellator could very well market him has a freak show. If he is on TV vs Kimbo or Lashley would you watch? Probably won't be cheap tho, KSW seem to pay him very well.

Note. I know I will catch some heat for saying that but, Pudzian beat Rolles Gracie, what does that say about the importance of elite grappling in MMA? (oh... got a bad feeling about that last sentence)
Honnestly could you become successful with ONLY a good Sub defense?

They could but Bellator barely spends any money on advertising, (for whatever reason) it's just not their style.

If he was cheaper he would be a great opponent for Kimbo or Lashley, but I don't know if he's worth the money in North America. The hardcore fans know he's not a serious fighter, and the casuals don't know him at all. He makes great money in KSW and is very valuable to them, so he wouldn't come cheap, if they could get him. Remember KSW said they don't lend out their top-fighters, and (even though he's not) I bet KSW considers him to be one of their top-fighters in the same way that Rizin considers Akebono to be a star.

I could see Bellator going after Fallon Fox though, especially since she has a netflix documentary now.

KSW would pay way more. It's not even close. Why do you think Mamed Khalidov never signed with a big promotion?

Pudz vs Baruto in Rizin would be fun for about 5 min.

Back