• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you still wear a watch?

Do you still wear a watch?

• Total voters
Yes. It's still useful to look down and see what time it is. Plus, I just like the feeling and look of having a watch on. Nothing too expensive. I have a used Tag Huerer for business wear and a Casio G-Shock for casual.

Nice selection! The gold and green combo is amazing, though I have never seen one in he flesh. Would love to see the APRO green and gold version, the value on that is also phenomenal.

Totally agree that making the right choices for watches can become an investment, value shooting up as soon as you walk out of the door.

I rock an APROC 26315, used to have a 15400 and foolishly sold it for a meagre profit last year.I have my name down for a 15202 (dreaming) and 15500.

I tried the new APROOC last weekend, they are like hockey pucks. Still, could be worth buying as the market value also going up.

My other watches are a solid gold Cartier Santos, a JLC Reverso, Grand Seiko diver and a vintage Speedmaster pro (market value also increased).
I was truly lucky with my golden hulk (I just always loved the look of it) I didn’t buy it specifically as a investment I bought it out of emotion. I just lucked out that the price shot from 50k-100+ in a matter of months. I adore this specific piece though and have yet to see another person wearing it (although I know a few collectors that own them and just keep them in their storage).

Damn you sold your 15400 a year ago… selling it right now in current market would have netted a beautiful profit I would imagine. AP’s are gorgeous watches I am enamored with their beauty. Nothing like walking into a business meeting with a powerful piece of class style and luxury on your wrist. I have made many a business connection on watch talk alone when in the correct environment. It sounds like you have some stunning pieces though brotha, good for you. I love hearing that a fellow sherbro has a debonair for flair.

Nah, I use my phone.

Also, might get jacked on the street if certain People see me with a watch in certain neighbourhoods.

this

people in houston are getting robbed left and right for watches

put all my nice shit away

I love watches. I’m sure I have over 30 automatics. All ETA or Sellita movements. Four of them Valjoux chronos. Hamilton, Tissot, Oris, and Victorinox are my brands. They are nice. Wear one for a few day, then another. The whole collection is not worth one good Rolex, so it’s nothing crazy.

Absolutely. I hate having to pull my phone out when I just want to know what time it is. Plus, some watches can be a nice conversation starter from what I’ve noticed.

Maybe 15 years or more ago, there was a Sherdogger that claimed he had the best watch on Sherdog. He was proven wrong and flamed so hard that he closed his account in shame. He was a Brown Belt, I think, with an old account. Anybody remember that? It was pretty hilarious. I miss those times.

I was truly lucky with my golden hulk (I just always loved the look of it) I didn’t buy it specifically as a investment I bought it out of emotion. I just lucked out that the price shot from 50k-100+ in a matter of months. I adore this specific piece though and have yet to see another person wearing it (although I know a few collectors that own them and just keep them in their storage).

Damn you sold your 15400 a year ago… selling it right now in current market would have netted a beautiful profit I would imagine. AP’s are gorgeous watches I am enamored with their beauty. Nothing like walking into a business meeting with a powerful piece of class style and luxury on your wrist. I have made many a business connection on watch talk alone when in the correct environment. It sounds like you have some stunning pieces though brotha, good for you. I love hearing that a fellow sherbro has a debonair for flair.

Amen Bro! It is always fantastic to find someone else sharing the same passion, and despite what others think, it can create new connections. It must feel fantastic to rock that Golden Hulk, it’s such an amazing green dial.

I live in Singapore where the price of cars are prohibitively expensive (more than apartments in some instances), thus watches become my outlet. If I was in the US, pretty sure I would have a car collection instead.

Nonetheless, am grateful that Singapore is a safe environment, very Low risk of getting raped and pillaged over a watch, so I can enjoy my watches out and about.

I do see a lot of replicas here though, or what I assume to be replicas. There are a lot of young Asian women taking public transport who are rocking iconic watches so I presume some have rich (sugar) daddies…

Yes since about 40 I started running and wear a HRM all the time. Yells at me if HR gets too low or too high when running my miles.

Current is Garmin solar instinct in sunburst. I'm retired so I don't give a hoot about color or office "environment". I just need to find it and yellow stands out lol.

garmin-instinct-solar-sunburst-45mm-p32529-46674_image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes, I am a beginner collector and buy/sell watches for fun. I am wearing my speedy a lot lately.

upload_2021-7-23_0-47-20.jpeg

Also, I currently have a vintage Heuer Autavia (will never sell) and a Tudor Black Bay (inhouse movement). I will probably trade/sell the Tudor soon.

I am considering pulling the trigger on a JLC that I’m being offered for an unbeatable price, the owner is desperate to sell and this isn’t particularly a super hot/sought after watch so either he sells for cheap or waits around for many weeks or even months.

upload_2021-7-23_0-49-18.jpeg

Of course wristwatches are not a must any longer but I love the craftsmanship and history behind them. To each it’s own. Casios are awesome, btw.

Last edited:
Yes. It's still useful to look down and see what time it is. Plus, I just like the feeling and look of having a watch on. Nothing too expensive. I have a used Tag Huerer for business wear and a Casio G-Shock for casual.
psh... that's what a stick in the pocket and a compass are for.

Yes since about 40 I started running and wear a HRM all the time. Yells at me if HR gets too low or too high when running my miles.

Current is Garmin solar instinct in sunburst. I'm retired so I don't give a hoot about color or office "environment". I just need to find it and yellow stands out lol.

garmin-instinct-solar-sunburst-45mm-p32529-46674_image.jpg
So does the solar charging hold up well on the garmin? I can see it being a non issue on something like a standard g shock but that garmin you have, has GPS right? I always wondered if the solar charging was adequate on a watch that has a GPS function which tends to drain battery.

Back