Do you still think Loma tools Davis?

Loma has been exposed, I think. Not sure I'd favor him against any of the new guard.
not sure he can beat Haney but he'll beat Tank. Loma got beat by a better fighter in Lopez but I wouldn't call that getting exposed and I don't think Tank has hte tools to beat him.

I think post-surgery Loma gets a majority draw most would think he won.

Never favoured him against Davis.
Did you see his fight with Santa Cruz? It was correctly pointed out on the broadcast that Tank "can't fight going backwards." Santa Cruz's pressure was giving him problems because he didn't have the time nor the space to set up his counters. Along with his well known discipline issues outside the ring, and how easy he is to frustrate in the ring (which was telling in the Santa Cruz fight), I think that's precisely why we haven't seen Tank in with either Lomachenko or Berchelt. I favor Tank over Berchelt but it would be a difficult fight for him.

Did you see his fight with Santa Cruz? It was correctly pointed out on the broadcast that Tank "can't fight going backwards." Santa Cruz's pressure was giving him problems because he didn't have the time nor the space to set up his counters. Along with his well known discipline issues outside the ring, and how easy he is to frustrate in the ring (which was telling in the Santa Cruz fight), I think that's precisely why we haven't seen Tank in with either Lomachenko or Berchelt. I favor Tank over Berchelt but it would be a difficult fight for him.
He seemed to be countering off the back foot pretty well to me.

not sure he can beat Haney but he'll beat Tank. Loma got beat by a better fighter in Lopez but I wouldn't call that getting exposed and I don't think Tank has hte tools to beat him.
I think Tank would walk him down and knock him out.

I think Tank would walk him down and knock him out.
I don't think he has the the footwork or the work rate to do that. He might hit a bit harder than Teofimo but he doesn't have his reach or his boxing craft.

The good thing about Tank's ko of Santa Cruz is that his confidence and ego will be boosted and he will push Floyd more to make bigger fights

I don't think he has the the footwork or the work rate to do that. He might hit a bit harder than Teofimo but he doesn't have his reach or his boxing craft.
I think Loma is bad backing up and not very good on the inside. Tank would find openings in that workrate too.

I think Loma is bad backing up and not very good on the inside. Tank would find openings in that workrate too.
Loma usually has a decent workrate outside of the first few rounds, I don't think tank is outworking him and frnakly I don't think he can handle Loma's footwork. Plus, I thought it was worth noting that when things did go inside between Loma and Teo, Loma seemed to have more success. I just don't see Tank being able to stay on Loma in a successful way for a sustained period of time.

Loma usually has a decent workrate outside of the first few rounds, I don't think tank is outworking him and frnakly I don't think he can handle Loma's footwork. Plus, I thought it was worth noting that when things did go inside between Loma and Teo, Loma seemed to have more success. I just don't see Tank being able to stay on Loma in a successful way for a sustained period of time.
Loma won all the rounds from 7-11 by being better on the inside than Lopez, so he obviously can fight and win on the inside. I also don't think Tank can replicate the same formula that Lopez used to beat Loma. LSC was winning by applying pressure up until the KO. Something that Loma does very well.

A lot of people forget the body work Lopez did to Loma and if Tank gets that in he probably gets the W

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rank Wang
Back