Do You Still Enjoy Action Movies

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Do you still enjoy summer fun action movie. I not really enjoy them any more. Every time the hero is in danger, you already know he is gonna get out of it and save the day. Movies like Die Hard,James Bond, Fast and Furious,etc. No matter what happens in the middles of the movie, you know its gonna work out in the end and the good guys win.

Only a few. The only ones I can think of that Ive enjoyed as of late are the last two fast and the furious movies. Most of them are pretty dumb. Aside from the classics, newer movies are eh.

Yes, because it's not about the destination with these films, it's about the journey.

Look at Warrior King/The Protector starring Tony Jaa, you know he's gonna get the bad guys, but that scene where he breaks a bone in about 100 guys is amazing.

For the most part no, unless it contains an interesting story.

If they're really well done and have a worthwhile story, of course, but generally, no.

After being devoted to awesome drama series like The Shield, Breaking Bad, The Wire, and Etc... the usual 1-Dimentional action movie with the thinnest of character development is like watching old cartoons you grew up with.

There's a few exceptions, like Nolan's Batman flicks, and Skyfall... but yeah, most action movies are a thing of the past.

Oh, and the FastNfurious movies have less credibility for their realism than any generic comic book flick, sadly. The original was awesome.

I know exactly what you mean - Hollywood action spectacle is beginning to reach levels where I as the viewer am just inured to the whole thing. As much as I love the fact that so many comic book movies are successful for example, I find that I don't really respond to the action as such in the same way I used to. Maybe it's just age, and today's younger generation is as mesmerized by Avengers or the Transformers as I was by say, Terminator 2 back in the day, but I just can't get into it that hard. I think that all the CGI is also detracting from the experience. Hands down the best action movie I

Not really. When I was younger though, I was pretty big on mindless blood and explosions. I'm glad I'm way past that phase.

I like the lower budget ones still.

Big screen bells and whistles and CGI, I'm pretty much done with all that crap. It's made for high school kids with Beiber clothing.

If you're watching action movies for character development and interesting new plot angles then you watching them for the wrong reasons.

Big summer ones, not so much, but I've never been too big on them. Good ones yeah, but most are a bit shitty. I'll stick to lower budget ones, where they generally focus on making the action scenes stand out, mostly because they don't have money or actors :D

I still go to all the summer blockbusters, but I kind of miss a good crime action movie like Die Hard or Heat. You don't see too many of those these days. Its truly the case there is no room for that mid-budget movie in cinema.

I like the action movies from the 90's and earlier. Current ones I generally don't like that much.

Back