Do you see anyone in the WSW top 10 beating JJ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 468727
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 468727

I was just looking through the various UFC divisional rankings and what really caught my eye was that, outside of Gadelha, I don't think that any of the other fighters in the top 10 even have a chance against JJ

1) Claudia - Very close first fight imo JJ won but it really all depends on how you personally score a fight, Imo JJ's TDD has gotten much better since then and she should be able to keep the fight standing enough to win a decision or get a late TKO although like I said this is definitely her toughest fight in the division

2) Esparza - We all saw the first fight....I'd give her maybe a 5% chance in a rematch

3) Rose - She laid a beating on PVZ and has some pretty spectacular subs but she's not going to out muscle JJ like she did PVZ and will get eaten up on the feet

4) Torres - She is undersized and although she has some good kicks she doesn't have much power at all and is imo strictly a point fighter (not trying to be disrespectful but it is what it is), she won't be able to hang with JJ's power standing and won't be able to take her down

5) Penne - She showed that she was tough in the first fight but that was about it, I didn't see anything to suggest that she could beat JJ a second time around and she's also a bit undersized

6) Letournneau - I enjoyed the first fight and she hung in there with JJ on the feet but was just a bit outclassed, if she can make some improvements imo a rematch may be JJ's second toughest fight in the division

7) PVZ - Not ready for a fighter like JJ at all, wouldn't be able to get TDs and would get mauled on the feet this fight could potentially go worse than the JJ/Carla fight

8) Calderwood - A good striker who I enjoy watching but she also lacks the power JJ has and doesn't respond well to pressure, JJ would be in her face the entire fight and imo would get a TKO in the 3rd or 4th

9) Moroz - She won't be able to pressure JJ like she did Calderwood and Letournneau showed that she isn't all that skilled on the feet aside from having some power

10) Waterson - Another undersized girl, similiar to Penne she is tough but won't be able to get the fight to the mat and will take a beating on the feet

If JJ takes out Claudia in the rematch I don't see her losing that belt for a long time, she also said that she doesn't want to fight too long so she could very well retire undefeated

So sherbros does anyone think any of these girls can beat JJ or do you know of a darkhorse outside the top 10 or the UFC that we should keep an eye on?

tumblr_n9ajtoTGs21r4c1k8o1_400.gif

PitifulConsciousBustard.gif

ConfusedFlamboyantKatydid.gif

20150620021701_IMG_1297.JPG

Imo we are going to witness quite a few more brutal beat downs in the next couple years

I think Rose will beat her.

Na Rose has no chance yet. Maybe in quite a few years.
But there will be a lot of new contenders soon, especially some standup fighters coming from kickboxing and muay thai.

If she whoops Claudia in the rematch in convincing fashion, which I expect, I don't see anyone else causing her too many problems just among those names. I'd say Rose has the best chance in a few years if she keeps improving like she has been.

Gadhela is the only one with a realistic chance, the girl that will beat her isn't in the UFC yet.

Claudia is the only one I give a real chance. Aguilar and Rose might be able to hang in there for a bit, but they'd ultimately get thumped.

I was third row for the Claudia-JJ fight and Claudia won that so yes I think she can beat her again!

claudia won that first fight. the second fight will be great. could go either way

Claudia, and no one else. Though that fight is a toss up that slightly favors JJ being 5 rounds.

I'd give Waterson a better chance than you are. She is very capable on the feet and with decent game plan from Jacksons could cause some problems.

I can't picture any beating her, but then again, almost no one pictured anyone beating Ronda. Now nearly everyone thinks Ronda was a total sham and was never all that good to begin with.

Most people thought Claudia won the first fight. And with how beastly she looked against JAG, I would probably make her the slight favorite against JJ. As others have said, Rose isn't ready for the title yet. But at only 23 years old, she's the real deal and I wouldn't be surprised if she's running the division 2 years from now.

If you're going to make that claim please elaborate

I think Rose's creativity and grappling will see her take that fight. Then again, I truly do not care about WMMA so I am not analyzing it as closely as it probably deserves.

If she beats Claudia again, I don't see anyone out there now beating her. I think she'll be in the clear for the next year or two.

Back