Do you see anyone in the WSW top 10 beating JJ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 468727
  • Start date
How is Penne undersized, Joanna is 1" taller but Penne has a 2" reach advantage over Joanna.

Val showed enough that I wouldn't call her outclassed. They both lit each other up in those exchanges. Joanna got the better of it for sure but I think Val should be ranked #3.

Right now I think the only way Joanna loses is if she where to have Ronda vs HH or Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas moment where she didn't train and prepare like she normally does or takes someone too lightly. I don't see that happening though.

Penne was an Atomweight before coming to the UFC and would most likely still be one if the UFC had a WAW division

Just look at the two of them

joanna-jedrzejczyk-jessica-penne-ufc-fight-night-69-2.jpg

And fair enough with the Val comment, like I said aside from Claudia I think a Val rematch is the toughest fight left for JJ, it was a fairly competitive match but I would consider that fight to be an outclassing JJ was just a bit more technical, powerful and fast on the feet where the majority of the fight occurred which imo constitutes an outclassing

BTW I like the username man I'm also a big Clash fan

How is Penne undersized, Joanna is 1" taller but Penne has a 2" reach advantage over Joanna.

Val showed enough that I wouldn't call her outclassed. They both lit each other up in those exchanges. Joanna got the better of it for sure but I think Val should be ranked #3.

Right now I think the only way Joanna loses is if she where to have Ronda vs HH or Mike Tyson vs Buster Douglas moment where she didn't train and prepare like she normally does or takes someone too lightly. I don't see that happening though.

I agree, Penne was not at all undersized, a lot of Sherdoggers use very flawed methods when it comes to their perception of a fighters size, especially the women. Aside from having the reach advantage over JJ, Penne also has broader shoulders and wider hips than her, but since she used to fight at AW some will automatically call her undersized even as she was a super sized AW.

I agree that Valerie Letourneau should be ranked at #3 in the SW division. And I also agree that the only way that I see JJ losing is if she starts slacking, which we know is not the case based on her training vids. Claudia will be a bigger challenge for JJ than Valerie was, provided that she hasn't lost some of her strength. *wink wink*

Penne was an Atomweight before coming to the UFC and would most likely still be one if the UFC had a WAW division

Just look at the two of them

joanna-jedrzejczyk-jessica-penne-ufc-fight-night-69-2.jpg

And fair enough with the Val comment, like I said aside from Claudia I think a Val rematch is the toughest fight left for JJ, it was a fairly competitive match but I would consider that fight to be an outclassing JJ was just a bit more technical, powerful and fast on the feet where the majority of the fight occurred which imo constitutes an outclassing

BTW I like the username man I'm also a big Clash fan

Using your own photo, look at how much wider Penne's waist and hips are compared to JJ .. she is one inch shorter, and that is the extent of her being undersized by comparison.

I agree, Penne was not at all undersized, a lot of Sherdoggers use very flawed methods when it comes to their perception of a fighters size, especially the women. Aside from having the reach advantage over JJ, Penne also has broader shoulders and wider hips than her, but since she used to fight at AW some will automatically call her undersized even as she was a super sized AW.

I agree that Valerie Letourneau should be ranked at #3 in the SW division. And I also agree that the only way that I see JJ losing is if she starts slacking, which we know is not the case based on her training vids. Claudia will be a bigger challenge for JJ than Valerie was, provided that she hasn't lost some of her strength. *wink wink*

Okay maybe she isn't necessarily undersized but she is definitely a smaller girl that JJ

JedPenneWeighIn2.jpg

477719012-opponents-joanna-jedrzejczyk-of-poland-and-gettyimages.jpg

joanna-jedrzejczyk-jessica-penne-ufc-fight-night-69-4.jpg

While Penne may be a bit thicker JJ is taller and has a bigger frame

Okay maybe she isn't necessarily undersized but she is definitely a smaller girl that JJ

JedPenneWeighIn2.jpg

477719012-opponents-joanna-jedrzejczyk-of-poland-and-gettyimages.jpg

joanna-jedrzejczyk-jessica-penne-ufc-fight-night-69-4.jpg

While Penne may be a bit thicker JJ is taller and has a bigger frame

They definitely have different builds, no question about it .. and JJ is also the physically stronger girl. I just don't agree with anyone saying that Penne is largely undersized is all. Not trying to give ya a hard time btw, because I actually think you are a good poster. :)

I could see Claudia or Rose beating her, but I would consider her the favourite going into both fights.

i dont see where this "rose could beat jj" talk is coming from.............at all.

How dare you imply such a thing, she is just naturally blessed to be a stallion among girls.

It's the voice that gets me

wtf6.gif

i dont see where this "rose could beat jj" talk is coming from.............at all.

Rose would either win the standup with her superior and more powerful striking or take JJ down and keep her down using her strong wrestling. It's clear as a day.

Thought you meant Jon Jones by the title lol... was like wtf is this. but, no, no one stands out to me at the moment.

Why are people talking about Rose? Away from the UFC hype machine she isn't even in the top ten rankings.

People are selling Rose way too short imo. She's been making huge improvements the last few years. IMO she only lost against Esparza because she couldn't keep her emotions in check and seems to finally be getting her mental game in order. Maybe she wouldn't win today but who knows how dangerous she'll be in a year or two at the rate she's growing.

Why are people talking about Rose? Away from the UFC hype machine she isn't even in the top ten rankings.

Potential. Out of all the women in the division she has the highest potential for improvements. She's athletic and has the co-ordination and balance to do all kinds of crazy shit, plus she's mean enough to hurt and beat the snot out of an opponent without hesitation. Her weakness right now is inexperience and not putting all her skills together into a cohesive game; she can do all kinds of techniques but there's not really a method or overall strategy behind it yet, it's more like throwing a ton of stuff at a wall and seeing what sticks.

Once she gets some focus she'll start putting her overall game together which will make her a much harder fighter to deal with. We're seeing the beginnings of this in the PVZ and as she matures and gains more experience she'll get a lot better. The only question is where she starts to top out and where Joanna does, because while JJ isn't making the same dramatic gains she's still adding tools, tightening things up, and improving in every fight.

JJ's a beast, love watching her fight. would like to see her fight calderwood, both are elite level muay thai fighters with high level striking, both tough as nails and genuine fighters with decades of fights under their belts unlike people like esperaza. could be a great match up and entertaining war. i'd still pick the champ to win though.

Rose would either win the standup with her superior and more powerful striking or take JJ down and keep her down using her strong wrestling. It's clear as a day.
yea.....no

Back