Do You Scarf Down Your Food During Lunch?

Scarf???

When i was growing up everyone referred to the midday meal as dinner, and nightime meal as tea. Probably coz of Britain, the Commonwealth and all that jazz, still call it tea though.

Sometimes I take a shit for 30 minutes. I couldn’t imagine working a job where you get 30 break for lunch. That’s a fucking joke

No.

One of my favorite things about my job is that no one is breathing down your back or watching you. We're treated like adults, just get your work done.

In general my wife says I'm a terrible eater. If I'm alone I do just fine. If I'm with company I story tell so it takes a while.

I hate drawing my day out for any reason, and an hour lunch is like torture to me. I bring my lunch and usually take 15-30 min lunch, so I don't feel bad if I leave a little early which I usually do. In any setting I eat fast though, I don't really get much enjoyment from sitting down and eating.

I prepare all my meals.

Lunches are small. Two minutes in the microwave, five minutes to eat.

Done.

So many people at work spend a fortune on garbage food. They spend five times as much on food that isn't half as good.

Only when I eat Ramen. @HelloJapan @loyalyolayal

879d6d855f1e840477f61738927f9fe5.gif

I used to have 30m lunch break. I was always late no matter how fast I ate. And I'm a fast eater! Sure, I could go back to work without brushing my teeth and going potty but I'm not a filthy animal so..
<Fedor23>

I work alone mostly. Eat whenever I want but am careful not to open anything too smelly in case I get a visitor knock my door.

I microwaved a curry once and nearly 12 hours later you could smell it still.

Sherdog bro, that sounds terrible.

My work lets me take up to 90 minutes if I want.

Most if the time I don't take lunch, and just eat at my desk and leave for home early.

8-4. Or 7-3 is how to do it. Tjen Fridays always 7 to noon

I get paid a 12 hour day, but the people where I work have gotten into a groove where we only work 4-6. Its great, but theres an unspoken agreement to eat while you work in order to go home early. I usually skip lunch because of that and eat lunch/dinner around 4.

I've also never tasted my food because I eat it so fast.

Clocking in and out? Those are for non-exempt jobs that make minimum wage.

Any civilized salaried jobs would let you eat at your desk

I can't. I wish I could, but I have esophagitis aka little throat disease. I can't eat fast or it can get stuck and then I throw up or have to try and weigh it down with liquid.

1 hour and the company gives us food. We get up to lunch at 11:58 and are sitting with our plate at 12:05 tops. 12:30 we go for a walk until 13:00

There were times in other jobs where I literally eat while I was still working. No break at all.

I always eat pretty quick, no matter where I am. At work, home, a restaurant, I'm usually done eating in sub 10 minutes for a decent sized meal. I spend a lot more time preparing food (since I make most of my food for myself) than I do eating it.

Our cafeteria lessens the time and cost of "eating out" for lunch, but we're not really closely monitored for time anyway.

Some people still eat at their desks, but I always thought that was for losers.

I still scuff down lunch sometimes as it was a habit back in my peasant work days and business grinding days. I like to have a nice meal and if I'm cooking or at a nice cafe or restaurant (specially if it is outside or with a view). Otherwise, lunch can be a pretty quick affair with more effort/time put into breakfast and dinner.

When I worked in an office, unless I was eating with some coworkers, I'd eat pretty quickly. There was a former marine who worked with us, that fucker would just inhale his food while having a conversation. By the time you'd finish an appetizer, he'd have a clean plate and start smoking a Red

I have my own (small) office within our company and a 1 hour lunch break, sometimes I eat out or have food delivered.

Usually eat nice and slow, I’ll read as I eat unless busy then I’ll eat as I work

Back