Do You Scarf Down Your Food During Lunch?

Rhood

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
This is assuming you get a 30 minute lunch break, because by the time you leave your work office, work shack, or work shackled prison you've already lost 6 minutes.
Then you lose 4 minutes walking to your dining destination. Then you lose 5 minutes standing in line, and then you lose 7 minutes waiting for your food.

That gives you 8 minutes to eat your food, but then you realize it takes 4 minutes to get back to your cubicle prison so now you have a grand total of 4 minutes to eat.
Now you have to scarf down your food as if you were in an eating competition.
Does this sound familiar?

Last edited:
Bring your own lunch, problem solved. At my last job I took a solid hour so it didn't matter. But I only take 30-40 minutes at this place so bring a lunch is key.

30 min lunch breaks?

It’s one hour which is customary in Australia.

No, because I get walking time from getting out from my workplace to our messroom. Normally 10 mins or so. And I take a packed lunch as well so I save money and don't wait for it to be made up or served.

Last edited:
My lunch is pretty light, so it only takes me 10 minutes or so. I run home at lunch. We try to take around 30 minutes, but it's not like we clock in and out.

I eat fast in general. Its pretty gross I've been told. I could probably down a burger, fries and a drink in 5-7 minutes. I have an hour break and usually have time left over to PWN noobs on here.

Bring your own lunch, problem solved. At my last job I took a solid hour so it didn't matter. But I only take 30-40 minutes at this place so bring a lunch is key.

Honestly, I think an hour is too long for lunch. 40-45 minutes seems just about right. My wife has an hour and never wants to go back to the office after sitting around for a few minutes after eating.

Honestly, I think an hour is too long for lunch. 40-45 minutes seems just about right. My wife has an hour and never wants to go back to the office after sitting around for a few minutes after eating.
The good thing about it was it allowed me to run errands midday, instead of dealing with doing them during rush hour or on the weekend.

I own my own business and I work from home so lunch is how ever fucking long I want it to be

REAL QUESTION:

what type of food eatter are you?

Are you

1: eats food at a slower pace, enjoying the smells, and flavors of what you are taking in..

Or are you

2. Eats whatever is in front of you like you are a vacuum, no hesitation to look at smell or taste it..

Plate is gone in three minutes no matter what it is or how much time it took someone to slave over making it. ?

i have one hour, normally eat at a normal rate and then drink tea

I just scarfed down half a chicken salad sandwich on a croissant.

I can take a break whenever I want for as long as I want. And, I'll eat at my desk if I need to.

Plate is gone in three minutes no matter what it is or how much time it took someone to slave over making it. ?
I've also come to find there is a correlation between people who eat fast and service in the military

I've also come to find there is a correlation between people who eat fast and service in the military

People in general...

Shit,

Teenagers do this at will, I tend to think they are just young and growing.. they could care less..

Yes, people who have served know how to throw a munch in 5 min.. I get that (military family).

But people who just destroying food anywhere, even at a good classy restaurant.. seriously take your time, chill, enjoy..

wGUMrNZ.gif

If you worked at any busy restaurant that's usually the case. They somehow manage to eat lunch and fit a cigarette in there on a 10 minute break. It's pretty impressive actually.

I have an hour option but choose 30 to get the fuck out of that shithole. I eat my sandwich and chips while working around 12, then take an actual break around 2. I do not count walking to and back from my car as part of the break and I always write that I came back 30 mini after clocking out in out timekeeping program.

Back