Do you respect Usman more now that he went up weight to fight a killer like Chimaev?

Do you respect Usman more now that he went up weight to fight a killer like Chimaev?

• Total voters

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do and especially taking it in short notice. Not in a full camp. The guy is fearless. Win or lose I have gained mad respects for him. And if he does win, that would be very impressive.

leon-edwards-kamaru-usman-ufc-286-4.jpg

I respect him more even though he's still an insufferable cringelord.

However as a small side note, why wouldn't he? It's a win-win fight. Stylistically it favors him. He's getting an extra payday which will be even higher than normal non-championship pay as it's on short notice. If he wins, it appearantly puts him in title contention for MW, against a dude he's already beat. If he loses, he can just continue in the WW division without his stock going down at all.

Remember last year when he was going to be 205 champion?

Kamaru Usman thinks he's more than capable of handling the UFC's light heavyweights. Usman (20-1 MMA, 15-0 UFC), the UFC welterweight champion and No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter, is seriously considering jumping two weight divisions and competing at 205 pounds.

<LikeReally5>

Remember last year when he was going to be 205 champion?

Kamaru Usman thinks he's more than capable of handling the UFC's light heavyweights. Usman (20-1 MMA, 15-0 UFC), the UFC welterweight champion and No. 1 pound-for-pound fighter, is seriously considering jumping two weight divisions and competing at 205 pounds.

<LikeReally5>
very off topic but ok.

He loses then I can see callout from Mcgregor. Usman should get his money fight.

I do and especially taking it in short notice. Not in a full camp. The guy is fearless. Win or lose I have gained mad respects for him. And if he does win, that would be very impressive.

leon-edwards-kamaru-usman-ufc-286-4.jpg
I thought highly of him anyway, but when people like him & Volk step up to the plate on short notice, you do have to give them respect. Better than fighters sitting around waiting for a title shot & just talking shit. Don Fyre wouldn't piss on those dudes if they were on fire.

L6xLmX.gif

Khamzat will do something stupid emotionally and lose the fight because of that. He’s not calm enough and has not the best energy management, he will gas most probably in the second round. He will get picked apart after gassing.

very off topic but ok.
It's VERY on topic. We are giving him props for moving up to 185 when just a year ago, before the first Leon loss, he was going to move up to 205 and fight for the belt...

<seedat>

I'll just repeat the exact same narrative he had when wanting the Masvidal rematch, he had a built in excuse and he knows it so that's why he took the fight.

Back