Do you read much fantasy/sci fi?

I love grim dark fantasy so to say.Low town trilogy i would recommend to everyone

Main character is veteran of fantasy world WW1 turned into crime lord.Basically books follows how said war affected society and people in it

Recommend reading especially since main character is a bad guy not a hero.Very quick to read as well since only like 300 pages

I was an avid reader of these types of books at one point but haven’t been reading much fiction novels for a while.

I did read the red rising series a few years ago though and can confirm it’s pretty good.

It's pretty much the only genre I read. But, except for a recent re read of The Lord of The Rings, I haven't read much lately. The last "new" series I was reading was Tales Of The Malazan Empire by Steven Erickson. It's a long series, and I lost interest at book 8. I may try picking it up again. I've completely lost any desire to finish A Song of Ice and Fire and The King Killer Chronicles. Rothfuss and Martin can go fuck themselves.

It's pretty much the only genre I read. But, except for a recent re read of The Lord of The Rings, I haven't read much lately. The last "new" series I was reading was Tales Of The Malazan Empire by Steven Erickson. It's a long series, and I lost interest at book 8. I may try picking it up again. I've completely lost any desire to finish A Song of Ice and Fire and The King Killer Chronicles. Rothfuss and Martin can go fuck themselves.
Rothfuss is basically a con man at this point and Martin clearly wrote himself into a corner and will never finish

I read @Slobodan diary, its a work of fiction and fantasy.
There is no way his parents loved him and he had a girlfriend when he was 22.

Want to read Theft of Fire by Devon Erickson. Had no idea who he was until I stumbled on a Twitter thread of his completely destroying the commie former ceo of twitch

I just finished catching up to the storm light archive by Brandon Sanderson

Awesome book

Also read the initial red rising series last month and that’s awesome as well

Any other newer ish stuff?
Oh I forgot, if you want a quick fun read hard to beat Jim Butcher's Dresden Files..... and Kings of the Wyld by Nicholas Eames is straight D&D butchering fun

I read lots of it. Tad Williams doesn't get much love on here, but I really like his storytelling. His Otherland series is really compelling. And of course The Wheel of Time is enjoyable, much better than the Prime series.

I listen to Warhammer 40K novels via Audible while driving or putting minis together.

Movies yes, books, fuck books. I read enough on sherdog.

Harry Potter I guess is fantasy.

That’s all I like(d) in that genre.

I read lots of it. Tad Williams doesn't get much love on here, but I really like his storytelling. His Otherland series is really compelling. And of course The Wheel of Time is enjoyable, much better than the Prime series.
Speaking of Tad Williams, War of the Flowers is an awesome one-off portal fantasy. Favorite story I've read in quite awhile.

When I was younger, I read a lot. Roger Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber, Kathrine Kerr's Daggerspell trilogy, and most of Tim Powers catalog were my favorites.

The Vagrant (Peter Newman) was the last one I read, and it was pretty good.

Rothfuss and Martin have kind of put me off fantasy.

I think rothfuss is very average.. First book was decent but the second was crappy.. already ran out of ideas. Martin's A song of Ice and Fire was originally meant to be a trilogy but due to the huge success of the first and second he supposedly turned it into a 7 book series and quality clearly dropped in book 4 and 5. Cynical cash grab in my opinion but he got his money from tv series who finished his story before him.. Robert Jordan did same with wheel of time.. you can stop reading from book 7 to about book 12 and not miss much.

Fantasy yes, scifi no

Btw ashamed to admit Netflix mostly murdered my books time

I like both genres, but I've read far more Sci-fi. I have been meaning to get more into fantasy and I bought The Blade Itself (Start of the First Law trilogy) recently. But next up for me is reading The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch again since it's been a while and it was my fav PKD book

Like some others, I'm still waiting for Kingkiller Chronicles to finish. Mostly I re-read Pratchett's books when it comes to fantasy. I've been trying to find some new sci-fi to read. Project Hail Mary is the only one I've liked. Before that I read stuff by Peter F Hamilton, his Commonwealth books and Stephen Baxter/Terry Pratchett collab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Earth_(series)

Back