Do you Prefer Home Alone 1 or Home Alone 2?

I think I prefer Home Alone 2 but have seen the first one more.

When Marv gets electrocuted and does that scream is so damn funny. My brother and I used to replay it over and over.

That was funny, but the scene where he screams as the tarantula climbs his nose is the GOAT i.m.o.

1 n 2 were both pretty good. I honestly liked 2 better n thought it was a little funnier.

Never saw the third one . I think the first one is best but can see why people like 2 better . Both good . Well as a kid not sure how they hold up

I always preferred Tom and Jerry, I think it's less messed up

That was funny, but the scene where he screams as the tarantula climbs his nose is the GOAT i.m.o.

It's my brother's ringtone, much to his wife's dismay.

He had to get a nice scream in for the sequel.

Home Alone 1 because how likely are you to leave your kid home alone twice

It just didn't make any sense
i think your memory is losing you in your old age, the second one he gets on the wrong plane they didnt leave him at home again, (hence the name lost in newyork)

Home Alone 2 for me. The bricks scene is the GOAT Home Alone bit

Marv's selling is Heartbreak Kid tier

1 and 2 are classic

I've never seen, nor plan to, the 3rd or if try to remake it.

Of the two I kinda like the 2nd just a bit more because of the hotel scene with "little moe with the gimpy leg" part.

I think 1 is slightly better, but the setting in 2 is quite cool

I watch them both every year while wrapping Xmas gifts and drinking rum and egg nogs. Both great but I'd give the nod to the og.

1 is better in my opinion. Originator vs. imitator scenario. Not to say Home Alone 2 is bad. It’s actually a quite good sequel. But it’s one of those cases where it hits every same note of the original. Kevin’s alone again through a contrivance. Wet bandits are back. Angels with Even Filthier Souls is a huge plot device just as it’s hilarious predecessor was in Home Alone. Pigeon Lady is a (less effective) Old Man Marley. Etc etc.

To me it’s like The Hangover 2 which I really enjoy as well. It ups the ante from the first but it sticks extremely closely to all the elements of the first. So if you like the original, you’ll almost assuredly like the sequel but if you hated the original, there’s very little chance the second wins you over.

As someone who lives in New York, though, I find many of my friends prefer the sequel because of the NYC setting. Lol.

aZ7neDz_700b.jpg

completely agree. Funniest Stern moment in both films in my opinion and arguably the funniest moment in the entirety of both films. Stern was terrific. Wonder why he doesn’t do more tv or movies these days. Another one of those guys very capable of both comedic and serious performances.

I like the second one more because there is a homeless woman. Homeless women are easy to rape

Home Alone 2 for me. The bricks scene is the GOAT Home Alone bit

Marv's selling is Heartbreak Kid tier

haha this was the scene, Zer, that actually veered into uncomfortability territory for me, watching at the theater as a little kid.

I know bad potentially fatal stuff befell Pesci and Stern in the first, but the brick scene I was distinctly aware of the sense, oh shit, they would be dead.

I prefer Rambo 5.

HA2 would be more fun as a kid but HA is better overall. HA2 starts off really good but dips by the end of the movie. HA is good from start to finish.

Back