• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you love or hate Julianna Peña?

Do you love or hate Julianna Peña?

• Total voters
She lost the title in the rematch against Nunes, and Pena proved their first fight to be a fluke.

But she earned everyone's..... or rather, SHOULD have earned everyone's respect as a warrior. Because although she lost every round, including one or two 10-8s, she never quit and kept going at Nunes until the 5th round bell.

I think all successful fighters have to be able to "drink their own Kool-Aid" to some extent. They need to believe in the impossible or highly improbable. So, some of her seemingly ludicrous claims are actually to be expected...they don't bother me. But, when she booed the GOAT (Nunes( during her retirement speech...yeah, well, that's just not going to generate a lot of fan support.

Jarl

She's rather annoying, but overall I'm pretty indifferent to her. Her mouth definitely speaks a bigger game than she's able to back up for the most part. Getting lucky with an out of shape Nunes (or whatever the fuck was up with her, considering she's never fought that badly before or since) doesn't really change that. Not to mention she's in one of the weakest division of the UFC.

Back