Do You Like Point Fighters?

I couldn’t stand the way Cruz fought. Hopping around and essentially slapping from weird angles.

If they are trying to do it just to get by that is annoying (guida vs. maynard was a joke).

Benson Henderson was borderline. Woodley and Thompson's dance was bullshit.

I don't know why Cruz, Frankie and GSP copped so much flack. They were the best in their divisions vs. the best. It's not easy to finish fighters that are of a high calibre especially when you factor in the risk of losing the title.

The thing I hate the most is when fighters accept the lose and don't go for it in the last (looking at rory vs. Thompson. That was frustrating).

Some are nice to watch, some aren't.

Guys like Benson Henderson or Renato Moicano are fun-to-watch point-fighters, some (like Wonderboy) aren't.
Interesting. I would almost say the opposite..

Interesting. I would almost say the opposite..

Well, everyone prefers different styles so it's not really surprising that there's lots of different opinions on this.
What makes MMA so interesting is that it's such a diverse sport, afterall.

Only if they're aggressive. Some fighters don't have the attributes to hurt other fighters the way they'd like to for their style to be successful. We've seen what happens to fighters when they fight outside their wheel house. IMHO most fighters who are point fighters don't choose to be, they just use what they where given, and later realize they can't hurt guys the way they want to, and they adapt.

Now that I rambled on, I'll actually answer the question.

Bisping is a bit of a dick head and a hypocrite, but he always brought it and was in your face.

Frankie Edgar has been fighting outside his weight for his entire career, and yet he's always in the pocket with these guys. Why? Because he's one of the most technical guys in the game. His arsenal is enormous, he's seen it all, he's patient, and is always in position to attack, whether it be td's or boxing.

Khabib himself says he likes keeping his opponents in there to punish them. Khabib may win a lot of decisions but I wouldn't exactly consider him a point fighter. I'm sure most of. Sherdog does though, so here he is.

Jorge Masvidal is the kind of guy who wants to beat you at every aspect of the fight, and at times when he feels safe, he coasts. But the guy is a supremely talented MMartist. I wish he would take the poise and fire he had in the cowboy fight, back with him to the LW division where he belongs.

Israel Adesanya isn't a point fighter at all, but he's been gaining that reputation on here because you "fight analysts" can't tell the difference between a point fight and a decision. But fuck it, more chances for me to promote my boy. This guy is part of the future at MW, keep on eye on him. He's special.

No its boring most of the time. It made the ufc not fun to watch. Aldo isnt a point fighter, he throws everything with power, thus trying to end the fight. Gsp was bad about it. But lots of guys have done it with the lay and pray crap. Its a fight, and fighters should ve rewarded for trying to end it. The fighters who are fun to watch are the guys trying to end the fight, not the ones running and throwing a counter shot occasionally. Woodley as of late is a good example. He has ko power, and is an animal when he wants to be. He just doesnt use his talent like he should now days. He is far scarier of a guy when he has the go for it attitude than the way he has been fighting in his last few fights. Wandy was a guy who always had the same gameplan.. Attack.... Take em out asap. Thats what made him such an exciting fighter to watch.

depends, not all point fighters are the same
guys like Bisping, Frankie, DJ always work for the finish and apply huge pressure it should also be noted these guys don't have big power so its expected they can't knock opponents dead

meanwhile you have guys like Woodley that have the power, speed and ability to just run through people but instead they implore the most boring style possible

Some of those guys you listed have alot of subs but they arent considerd point fighters some lack knockout power some give it there all and end up with more points but fuck no point fighters ruined this sport and killed its ratings thanks

Dc was a points guy vs anderson silva so he should stay on your list

I hate those who try their hardest to avoid any fight. If an aggressive fighter lacks power or finishing abilities it's ok, but whenever I see a mediocre wrestler who's good enough to get his opponent against the fence but not good enough to get him to the ground and start doing damage, it burns me to the core. As well as those that circle around the cage for the whole fight, throwing a meaningless jab from time to time and running away as soon as they get pressured. Those guys are boring af and I'm happy whenever they lose a decision and look around in discredit. I'm looking at you John Dodson

only Edgar and Cruz, other than that hell no
The only fighters I ever root against are point fighters. That used to include Edgar, but he won me over over time partly because of his tremendous heart and also because I don't think he's as much of a point fighter now as he used to be.

depends on the fight
if its someone dominating or a battle then sure. if its someone scraping by on points in a boring ass fight then no

Point fighting in general is pretty lame. Same with lay and pray wrestlers.

Aldo never shied away from a fight. He's too easy to lure into a brawl if anything.

He kinda coasted in a few fights when his opponents weren't even trying, the blame is on them imo

For a pea-brain it must be frustrating. Cruz is a next level fighter and his movements are excellent.

I’m cool being a pea brain, bud. He’s very talented, I don’t question that at all and he is effective. But he is dancing around slapping at weird angles. Is what it is.

Nope.

<{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}><{JustBleed}>
just-bleed-gif-4.gif
just-bleed-gif-4.gif

tenor.gif
tenor.gif
tenor.gif

Back