Do you like Fried Chicken?

I like Korean fried chicken. Regular fried chicken like KFC or Popeyes.......very rarely.

thumbnail-Southern-Fried-Chicken-scaled.jpg

Probably my favorite unhealthy food aside from pizza. The batter is what makes or breaks a good piece of fried chicken. I prefer a drumstick over a breast, thigh or wing. KFC and Popeyes are decent alternatives, but I miss Pioneer Chicken the most. There really aren’t that many good places that serve fried chicken anymore. It’s probably best to make your own anyway. Any good recipes for the batter? Which oil is the best to fry the chicken in?
Over the last few years I have been systematically disappointed by fast food. The taste is not worth the harm you do to your body for eating that shit.

I don't dislike it, but I never eat it. Too unhealthy. I try to avoid foods that I feel like Im having a heart attack right after eating it. The shits can be a deterrent as well. I prefer Latin Rotisserie...(Columbian, Portuguese, etc)

I never got the racist joke of "he's black he probably loves fried chicken!"

Everyone loves fried chicken!

Fried chicken is great.

I had never had hot chicken til I went to Nashville. That is on another level if you are a spicy fan. Nashville hot chicken with the pickles and that piece of white bread oh yeah

If boneless and skinless. I think the grocery store deli uses Tysons chicken tenders and it tastes as good as it gets. They deep fry it in a big barrel-like pot.

I finally peeked at the Chick Fil A menu at the mall and each thing entree only was just under $7. Combo was like $16. Something like that.

Planning to try Popeyes boneless wings from the TV commercial.

I always wanted to make my own, but no clue how. Other than the chicken parts, no idea of oil, breading, temp, time...

Which is odd cuz I cook like a motherfucker.
Chicken, beaten eggs, flour, canola oil is good.

Oil 350° use a thermometer if you don't have a fry daddy.

Flavor your flour with whatever spices you like, put more than you think is necessary.
Put flour into 2 bowls big enough to fit chicken pieces in.

Beat 2-3 eggs to start off with leave in bowl

Pat your chicken dry, dip it in egg and then dredge it in flour, then go back in the egg and into second bowl of flour and lighty shake off excess flour and put it on a rack.

Do that until you're done dredging the chicken.
I do 3 pieces at a time, and I cook them for about 10-15 minutes.

Take one out at fifteen minutes put a small slice to make sure its cooked inside.
Breasts will take 20 minutes or so.

Just remember that every time you put chicken in the oil temp drops so you have a couple of minutes for the oil to heat back up.

Enjoy sir.

Fried chicken is great.

I had never had hot chicken til I went to Nashville. That is on another level if you are a spicy fan. Nashville hot chicken with the pickles and that piece of white bread oh yeah
Hell yes. The first place I went to when I went to Nashville for work was Hattie B's, and man, it was fantastic.

There was a korean fried chicken thing next to my old work. Always wanted to try it but the smell was atrocious outside.
usually amazing, at least around here. Have caught one that wasnt so good.....

What kind of retarded thread is this? Title should be: "If you don't like fried chicken, you're fucking retarded!"

What's next? Do you like to beat off???

Back