• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you like Conor or Ronda?

Do you like Conor or Ronda?

• Total voters
voted conor. he's only playing an act.
ronda on the other side is someone i wouldn't want to have around.

What does it matter where it happened?? You cant tell me she isnt held to an unfair standard.This site would get shut down if ronda did any of this shit.

12Renzo-Gracie-vs-Ben-Spijkers-WCC.gif

Chael+Sonnen+Takes+Down+Wanderlei+Silva+in+TUF+Brazil+3.gif

3369329329_38090e4aff.jpg

10001747.gif

2Babalu-Post-Fight-Interview-w-Joe-Rogan-after-smashing-Heath.gif

12Babalu-Post-Fight-Interview-w-Joe-Rogan-after-smashing-Heath.gif

*crickets*

oh no rebuttal?? :D

"Boy i love paul daley,i cant wait to see the rematch with koschek,i hope he gets that lay and prayer this time"

"whoa huh huh thats cool lol he got fired lol aww cmon dana let him back"

"OMG SHE IS A HEARTLESS BITCH,SHE IS EVIL INCARNATE.NO I CANT TAKE WHAT IM SEEING,BETWEEN THIS AND NOT SHAKING MIESHAS HAND IVE LOST ALL CONTROL"

It's sad that you don't understand that the reason Ronda is held to those standards is because she is simultaneously worshipped. We don't attack war machine, Joe son, alex Emelianenko, daley or yvel as much because everyone knows they are scumbags and they have few fans. Ronda claimed to be the best ever, Rogan constantly saying she was one of the most amazing human beings on the planet, espn covers/articles and people on here worshipping her. In fact no mma fighter EVER has been given the amount of attention as such a "wonderful role model and human being" as Ronda except maybe Fedor. Ever seen Fedor act inappropriately to anyone? He is actually all class, and still manages to get hated on here.

Ronda worship creates a lot more backlash than does someone who is nearly universally unloved. Your failure to understand this basic principle is disturbing.

Last edited:
It's sad that you don't understand that the reason Ronda is held to those standards is because she is simultaneously worshipped. We don't attack war machine, Joe son, alex Emelianenko, daley or yvel as much because everyone knows they are scumbags and they have few fans. Ronda claimed to be the best ever, Rogan constantly saying she was one of the most amazing human beings on the planet, espn covers/articles and people on here worshipping her. It creates a lot more backlash than does someone who is nearly universally unloved.

There's a difference between someone getting backlash for fighting related stuff, which includes Ronda an other people such as Rogan believing/saying you're the BEST EVA, and going full retard by calling Ronda the most despicable human being ever based on her acting bitchy towards a few opponents.

Ducking Frankie because it's a smart business decision, doesn't mean he wasn't ducking Frankie.

You don't duck someone by fighting someone better.

There's a difference between someone getting backlash for fighting related stuff, which includes Ronda an other people such as Rogan believing/saying you're the BEST EVA, and going full retard by calling Ronda the most despicable human being ever based on her acting bitchy towards a few opponents.

I don't recall anyone saying "most despicable ever", but I don't doubt someone had said it. People say all kinds of stupid shit. Clearly war machine and the others I mentioned have given us way more reason to dislike them. They just also receive virtually no love, hence no backlash.

I can't stand Ronda personally but one would need to be completely out of touch with reality to honestly view her as anywhere near the bottom of the barrel.

People will hate popular fighters to appear like hipsters.

It's sad that you don't understand that the reason Ronda is held to those standards is because she is simultaneously worshipped. We don't attack war machine, Joe son, alex Emelianenko, daley or yvel as much because everyone knows they are scumbags and they have few fans. Ronda claimed to be the best ever, Rogan constantly saying she was one of the most amazing human beings on the planet, espn covers/articles and people on here worshipping her. In fact no mma fighter EVER has been given the amount of attention as such a "wonderful role model and human being" as Ronda except maybe Fedor. Ever seen Fedor act inappropriately to anyone? He is actually all class, and still manages to get hated on here.

Ronda worship creates a lot more backlash than does someone who is nearly universally unloved. Your failure to understand this basic principle is disturbing.

Yes it creates more backlash,so what,that i can understand. What i dont understand is why this forum have brainwashed yourselves into thinking she is the most evil thing on earth,just because she is hyped by the UFC,and some people buy into it. Just because they have exaggerated her skills and she has been found wanting under the microscope of excessive media coverage doesnt make her worse than someone like joe son,daley or yvel. So i dont think she should be treated as such. Your failure to understand this basic principle is disturbing,although you would be far from the only one. Say you take your favorite fighter and put them in her position,they might not look like roses either. Will you use your head there? Or is it just all knee jerk opposite reactions from what you would see with your own eyes.

i like watching both fight and could give a shit about stuff outside of the cage.

Yes it creates more backlash,so what,that i can understand. What i dont understand is why this forum have brainwashed yourselves into thinking she is the most evil thing on earth,just because she is hyped by the UFC,and some people buy into it. Just because they have exaggerated her skills and she has been found wanting under the microscope of excessive media coverage doesnt make her worse than someone like joe son,daley or yvel. So i dont think she should be treated as such. Your failure to understand this basic principle is disturbing,although you would be far from the only one. Say you take your favorite fighter and put them in her position,they might not look like roses either. Will you use your head there? Or is it just all knee jerk opposite reactions from what you would see with your own eyes.

Knee jerk reactions pretty much sums up your post that I had responded to.
You suggested that people in general don't care when these other mma fighters do asshole things. Daley and most of the others received plenty of criticism, but it ends after a bit because few people would bother to defend them. The hate for Ronda actions persist because of people still defending and even idolizing her, which makes you a contributing factor.

I like Conor better, though Sherdog is hardly an accurate representation of the mainstream public

Also, I'm pretty sure the ESPN poll measured notoriety rather than popularity

Knee jerk reactions pretty much sums up your post that I had responded to.
You suggested that people in general don't care when these other mma fighters do asshole things. Daley and most of the others received plenty of criticism, but it ends after a bit because few people would bother to defend them. The hate for Ronda actions persist because of people still defending and even idolizing her, which makes you a contributing factor.

I dont idolize her,but i am a fan,i do defend her that people are definitley going way too far about it. At least you have not stooped as low as most of the posters on here.

I'm still okay with Conor for now because I think his is more of a PR act that backfired, but I'll continue to reserve judgement for any future outbursts. I used to like Ronda quite a bit, but her actions over the years have led me to feel like that is the real Ronda we're getting. And I just can't support a person like that in good conscience.

At the end of the day they try to hurt people for a living, so I don't set the barometer too high for them on the humanity scale in the first place. But there will always be fighters that are really decent people in the ranks, just probably not the expectation.

I don't like weak minded individuals...which both are.

I'm still okay with Conor for now because I think his is more of a PR act that backfired, but I'll continue to reserve judgement for any future outbursts. I used to like Ronda quite a bit, but her actions over the years have led me to feel like that is the real Ronda we're getting. And I just can't support a person like that in good conscience.

At the end of the day they try to hurt people for a living, so I don't set the barometer too high for them on the humanity scale in the first place. But there will always be fighters that are really decent people in the ranks, just probably not the expectation.

Ah h-what...?

Ah GRRRRAAIL???

Back