Do you let your mind wander

Absolutely, I often have conversations between three different people at times
Do you ever narate for yourself, so it's a one sided commentary, like he's the one who's awake and needs to tell the vacant one what's going on

Never.

Whenever my brain starts floating around, I stop winning.

tumblr_mn804qoVai1rlv4t3o1_500.gif

Last edited:
I frequently try to relax my mind and let my subconscious work through problems. I find this approach can frequently yield stress free results to complex work issues. I'm an engineer so my problems are generally practical / mathematical instead of emotional though

It's a great stress relief practice. Even for a few moments, while you wait at the traffic light or something. Watch your thoughts arise and pass by. I do a lot of gardening and farm work, and my grandpa told me years ago: while you're doing hard physical work, you let your mind wander. The work will appear to be done quicker and easier. If it wasn't for Sherdog, I wouldn't spend more than 20 minutes online daily. The internet is a great distraction for us all. It's good to give it a rest from time to time.

I hate the silence as it makes me deal with things. I've seen a lot and don't like dwelling much. I prefer stimulation and noise. When I get home, I immediately turn a podcast on.

I have to do shit to make my mind relax. Longboarding, snowboarding, car racing, fucking, etc. I can't sit still.

My brain is rarely in the moment. It's a blessing and a curse.

I've learned to live with it.

How often do you really let go? Put the phone down, no distractions, no book no magazine, no TV, music zoning in

Just let your thoughts go wherever they go, get vacant, declutter

209 bitch what

You know me, man. Even after I've just taken my Adderall for the day & you'd think I'd be laser-focused my ADD lets my mind wander. That's why I'm always multitasking. Even when I'm at leisure watching a film I've also got to be on my laptop surfing the web or hanging out here or on Facebook. It's just the way I operate.

Speaking of films, have you acquired anything new & noteworthy? I haven't for about a month or so. But I've got some preorders coming in a couple of weeks from now & I've got to order a plethora of stuff at the beginning of October.

Not nearly enough, thanks for the reminder

My mind really doesn't ask my permission to start pondering random shit.

It's kind of a problem.

Back