Do you let your kids watch UFC?

I used to let my 6 year old daughter watch UFC with me but I had to stop when her teacher said she was holding kids against the wall.
Your daughter is Wall n Stalling? Dude, don't show her only GSP fights.

Show her some Mark Hunt and she will start uppercutting fools left and right....including teacher.

<{cuts}>

Last edited:
A more salient question might be do you let your kids read Sherdog? :D

True story. I have a 14 year old boy that has never liked anything that I do. Both my girls 9 and 4 watch mma, hang out with me while I’m working on cars body work,and they never say no to a day shooting guns at the river!

I never tell them they can't but none of them seem to care or want to watch it to begin with.

My boys only 1 so his only tv watching currently is Baby Einstein and Super Silly songs.. but no I dont plan to let him watch. At such a young age they cant comprehend violence and differentiate the circumstances in which it occurs. Hence the holding kids against the wall at school remark.

That’s not true all kids are different. And what you tech them makes them what they are.

Yes, but I usually skip several portions of it ( blood, injury, boring talking)

I don't have kids, nor do I want to have kids, and as a gay man I can't (naturally) have kids anyway. But if I did have kids, sure, why not? It's just sport. I think as long as you explain to your kids that it's not okay to go around punching and kicking people in the face, then I don't see anything wrong with letting them watch MMA/UFC. When you think about it, MMA isn't that much more violent than something like American football or rugby. So if you are okay with your kids watching those sports, I don't see why you shouldn't be okay with your kids watching MMA or boxing.
<Fedor23>

Watching UFC Late at Night with my dad, while trying to hide the DVD's from my mother is one of my favourite childhood memories. :D

When I have Kids, I'll let them watch if they want to.
One of my best memory, watching boxing with my dad !

I shoot a load sometimes during the womans mma match ? Does that count as my kid watching?

My boys only 1 so his only tv watching currently is Baby Einstein and Super Silly songs.. but no I dont plan to let him watch. At such a young age they cant comprehend violence and differentiate the circumstances in which it occurs. Hence the holding kids against the wall at school remark.

I don't have kids, but I agree. When really young I think I would let them watch grappling type sports, but nothing which involves blood and shit talking. Till they get to an age where they can place it in a context, that is.

From a certain age I would absolutely encourage them to practice a martial art at a good school. It teaches discipline, it's healthy, it's a confidence boost and a little training never hurts for self defense.

I used to let my 6 year old daughter watch UFC with me but I had to stop when her teacher said she was holding kids against the wall.

Shouldn't thave watched Usman fights with her

With a soft dad like you your kid is getting bullied for sure!

No not at all. They will train Martial Art for years to understand discipline and respect. After a couple years of that they can watch if they choose.

I already let them watch WWE why not UFC? Its pretty much the same at this point

They’re way too young at the moment
In the respect that, they wouldn’t watch it because it’s not interesting but I have no objections when they want to.
I was brought up on boxing and I turned out amazing
Literally better than everyone

You raised a wall and stall kid? Disgusting

Back