• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

Do you hold Anderson Silva's positive PED test against him?

• Total voters
Can I finally get some answers, please?
<31>
<EdgyBrah>

Why do the majority of Silva fanbois, and casuals fail to acknowledge and ignore the fact that Silva failed on his VERY FIRST RANDOM TEST?

Why do the majority of Silva fanbois, and casuals, fail to acknowledge and ignore the fact, that drostanolone, ISN'T PRESCRIBED FOR A BROKEN BONE INJURY, as it (specifically long term side effect, which plays into evidence of him using it long term) causes CALCIUM LEAKAGE FROM BONES.

Why does Silva get a pass for his 8/9 losing streak(should be 9/9), coincidentally after his MULTIPLE PED FAILURES, I get he is legitmately passed his prime, but others like Vitor didn't get a pass, and he was passed his prime during his losses too, everyone chopped it up because no Juice, as the same with other examples.

And now, once again, my BIGGEST ANNOYANCE by people's continuous stupidity, and hilarious refusal to answer;

Why do the majority of Silva fanbois, and casuals fail to acknowledge and ignore the fact that Silva has popped TWICE, a.k.a, MORE THAN ONCE.

Like what delusional reality do you all exist in, to believe it never happened, are y'all on drugs? Can I have some, please?

So can any fanboi &/or casual that doesn't acknowledge it, tell me exactly WHY you all seemingly have agreed to ignore, and never bring up or acknowledge that Silva has pissed hit TWICE, a.k.a. MORE THAN ONCE?

{<huh}
<JagsKiddingMe>
<209Bitch>

I have the right answer. the world is full of stupid people. and they outnumber the ones that aren't dumb.

I have more sympathy for Silva but still, not enough to give him a free pass.

No free pass but morons and noobs give Jones a pass. A hw who was beating up the old folks home fighters way past their prime. Even on pecograms he still put on snoozers.

It is highly likely your favorites athletes are on the juice or did. If you're a pro sports fan and don't realize this

<Fedor23>

then enjoy Star Wars as a documentary I suppose

The solution to us currently not being able to 'regulate' PEDs is to 'legalize ....and regulate'? Regulate what and how exactly? This is what I found funny in that post.

The solution to us currently not being able to 'regulate' PEDs is to 'legalize ....and regulate'? Regulate what and how exactly? This is what I found funny in that post.
As far as the how, like any other previously banned substance. And yes, I know that won't be perfect.

As far as the what, I assume you're referring to PEDs as a whole and not seriously asking what like you have no idea, because that catastrophically make no sense. PEDs generally. I haven't written up legislation for it, if you're looking for specific specifics that would be quite silly.

It is highly likely your favorites athletes are on the juice or did.
You have no idea who my "favoriteS athletes" are, or if they were on anything. Brilliant take again!

enjoy Star Wars as a documentary I suppose
I'm just confused on this one. No idea what this means.

As far as the how, like any other previously banned substance. And yes, I know that won't be perfect.

As far as the what, I assume you're referring to PEDs as a whole and not seriously asking what like you have no idea, because that catastrophically make no sense. PEDs generally. I haven't written up legislation for it, if you're looking for specific specifics that would be quite silly.
Just quit responding and let us enjoy your last couple of replies to this. Doubling down on a completely embarrassing post makes the original one less fun.

As far as the what, I assume you're referring to PEDs as a whole and not seriously asking what like you have no idea, because that catastrophically make no sense.
Proofreading is just not an option? Did that sentence sound like that while you were typing it?

You have no idea who my "favoriteS athletes" are, or if they were on anything. Brilliant take again!

I'm just confused on this one. No idea what this means.

Just quit responding and let us enjoy your last couple of replies to this. Doubling down on a completely embarrassing post makes the original one less fun.
Juice is rife in professional sports, that's hardly a new or hot take. Star Wars is fiction, documentaries are nonfiction. If not trolling you'd have to be quite obtuse to not understand that. There's nothing embarrassing in my posts.

Proofreading is just not an option? Did that sentence sound like that while you were typing it?
The sentence is fine.

Didn’t Anderson piss hot twice? I vaguely recall him getting pulled from a fight for a failed drug test

Reactions: xn7
No , I don't care at all and I think all fighters owe it to their fans to be as enhanced as possible to make for the best possible performances. Silva was awesome. Usada not so much

Agreed let them go all out with the juice do the performances enhancement.

PEDs are a plague upon combat sports, no question. USADA testing has done a great job at cleaning up the vast majority of the sport.

And I'd say they're a relevant issue in all discussion about the P4P GOATs, though I don't take the discussions too seriously. They're just fun.

But I'm curious what the general consensus of Anderson Silva's positive PED test after the Nick Diaz fight.

[Go ahead and vote in the poll above, if your opinion is already solidified]

Lets look back exactly what he tested positive for -

IMG_2497.0.0.JPG

https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/2/...-tested-positive-for-two-types-of-performance

"Anderson Silva not only tested positive for Drostanolone metabolites in a Jan. 9 out-of-competition drug test, but traces of the banned substance Androstane were also found within the legendary champion's system, according to Nevada Athletic Commission (NAC) executive director Bob Bennett.

Drostanolone is a common form of anabolic steroid. Androstane is a form of endogenous steroid hormone. Both substances are banned according to World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) code."

That's pretty cut and dry, right? If you're of the opinion that any PEDs positive test throws into question if the fighter was always on PEDs and this was just the first time they got caught. And Silva was not using an obscure PED that no one knew about, but a steroid & steroid hormone. Two PEDs.

But there's a sympathetic argument towards this not harming his legacy. Before the Diaz fight, this happened to him 14 months before -

anderson-silva-broken-leg-10.jpg

R.5c212939c300ebc1811307ec10ed6965

tumblr_myk3ptC1br1rkoffro1_400.gif

Given the fact he went through THAT - possibly the most painful injury in combat sports - & an entire year of recovery that went into his fight camp for Diaz... its kinda understandable he'd take anything to aid in the healing [though if steroids aid in healing what injuries is another topic].

And he's never tested positive for anything before, or since.

So what's your opinion?

I don’t really care. The positive test does make you wonder if he might have done them earlier in his career, but so does the picture of GSP looking like a bodybuilder.

I am actually shocked at how many people think he juiced because of his leg break...

He didn't even test positive for the proper shit to help him

Eh, might have felt weak and atrophied. Had taken a loss. Getting older. Felt he needed a boost. Probably wasn’t one thing.

Any proven PED user is disqualified from the GOAT discussion as far as I'm concerned.

I was saying years before he popped that Anderson was juiced to his eyeballs but no, I don't hold it against him because I have no serious qualms with athletes using performance enhancers.

The stupidity here is astounding, and I'M the one being accused of not understanding, lol. I will yell this one more time for the mentally impaired: HE IS ON CAMERA WITH PEDS ON HIS SHELF IN 2010-2011. I cannot hold your hand anymore on this.

You desperately wish for there to be PEDs on camera, it's only speculation, but let's say that it's true. How did he pass those tests back then if he was on gear? Only the people who tested positive were using, right?

Back