Do you have Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)?

mmafan2000

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I had it for years, it's enough to drive anyone crazy. Primarily from loud noise (rock concerts with no ear plugs, shooting without ear protection, etc). Last summer my friend kicked a soccer ball full blast in my ear, the ringing sound never left.

How do you deal with it? I think they are finding a cure.

Here is info about what it is (mostly your brain filing in sound gaps).

Here is how to cure it (worked a bit for me). It's legit it seems, from Dr. Jan Strydom originally.

Here is professional help:

Last edited:
Had it about a year now, thankfully mine is on the milder side but I know some people have it really bad. Some days I think it's getting better and others it seems worse than ever, but I'm young and the body is resilient and I hope that my shit can eventually recover on its own. Anecdotally, I've heard cases clear up spontaneously sometimes years after onset. Regardless, I'll never use headphones again and I think that's the thing I miss the most.

Found that exercise, consistent sleep and avoiding inflammatory foods tend to make it better or at least less noticeable. Both my folks have it too but theirs is definitely due to age-related hearing loss and tends to get worse later on in the day.

Yep. had it since my mid 20's and have a family history of hearing loss, I'v had mild hearing aids adding in some top end since my late 30's.

Its not as bad as some I spose, a bit like a less harsh/loud version of the basic sound of this song without any of the shifts in tone.

To be honest I think its the one of the most common medical conditions thats not taken that seriously given how big the effect can be on some peoples lives, I mean the actual effect maybe isnt that bad for most but the potential for people to focus on it and lead to depression is massive.

The ironic thing is I'm so used to the sound now I'd probably miss it if it went away.

Yes, for me it correlates with smoking cigarettes. The more I smoke, the more I suffer from it.

yes, but it's a very low buzz that i can block out and it generally doesn't interfere with my hearing or sleeping, or at least at this point in my life.

I got mine from being in the military via exposure to flight deck activities, artillery and small arms fire.
It’s bad but worst at night. The high pitch echo is annoying and makes it hard to sleep. The only thing that helps at night is the humming from my CPAP machine.

sometimes i get a high pitched noise for a few seconds to 2 minutes, soemtimes it's hearing your heartbeat in your eardrum. best thing to do is practice silent meditation 1-2X a week, let your ears heal and adapt to almost no noise. get rid of your headphones and earbuds cause down the line they will also give you tinnitus.

Not really. But one night I woke up, was fine, then out of nowhere I had the worst ringing in my left ear. It stayed for about 2-3 hours and then stopped. Was strange.

Not really. But one night I woke up, was fine, then out of nowhere I had the worst ringing in my left ear. It stayed for about 2-3 hours and then stopped. Was strange.
Did you have sex before you fell asleep? Serious question.

Did you have sex before you fell asleep? Serious question.

I don't think so. It's been a while so I can't say for sure, but I'm about 75% positive I didn't.

I had it so bad I actually got musical hallucinations at one point. Apparently that's a thing when your auditory system is completely jacked up. It sounded like some demented out of tune song you'd hear in a Tim Burton movie. Believe it or not that was actually pleasant compared to what it started out as. Imagine taking two tea kettles screaming and putting them next to your ears. Have fun trying to sleep!

I definitely abused my ears loud noise and not using protection, but a lot of mine was actually due to TMJ disorder. Temporomandibular joint. It can, somehow, effect the inner ear. It's gone down a lot, thankfully. Just kind of like a faint white noise that sometimes I even forget about.

I had it so bad I actually got musical hallucinations at one point. Apparently that's a thing when your auditory system is completely jacked up. It sounded like some demented out of tune song you'd hear in a Tim Burton movie. Believe it or not that was actually pleasant compared to what it started out as. Imagine taking two tea kettles screaming and putting them next to your ears. Have fun trying to sleep!

I definitely abused my ears loud noise and not using protection, but a lot of mine was actually due to TMJ disorder. Temporomandibular joint. It can, somehow, effect the inner ear. It's gone down a lot, thankfully. Just kind of like a faint white noise that sometimes I even forget about.
Im dealing with TMJ at the moment and it fucking sucks. I also have mild tinnitus from 20 years of construction work

Back