Do you have Tinnitus (ringing in the ear)?

Had it for about two weeks and one of the worst experiences I've had. Constant non-stop annoyance. I found a solution by plugging up my ears, which was much quieter and I basically went around deaf for a week.

Caffeine affects tinnitus? Damn, i need to cut out coffee.
I don’t know if it does for everyone, but it does for me if I drink too much. Could be a blood pressure thing, not really sure why.

I had it for years, it's enough to drive anyone crazy. Primarily from loud noise (rock concerts with no ear plugs, shooting without ear protection, etc). Last summer my friend kicked a soccer ball full blast in my ear, the ringing sound never left.

How do you deal with it? I think they are finding a cure.

Here is info about what it is (mostly your brain filing in sound gaps).

Here is how to cure it (worked a bit for me). It's legit it seems, from Dr. Jan Strydom originally.

Here is professional help:

Both ears for me.. when its really bad I listen to White or brown noise for about 30minutes.. then turn it off.. tinnitus disappears for a bit giving relief.. or at least the illusion thats its not as bad..

I just watched the x-files episode Drive (with Bryan Cranston) yesterday; now this thread appears. Crazy.

Anyhow, I hope your head doesn't blow up.

My wife suffers from it. Ironic thing is she's an audiologist. Her's came out of nowhere. She's learned to live with it, but it drove her crazy early on.
I suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome. Together we make quite a pair.

Had it for as long as i can remember. White noise when sleeping helps; fan, white noise apps, rain etc

What is the name of a doctor that deals with tinnitus?
Also what cure would they give?

What is the name of a doctor that deals with tinnitus?
Also what cure would they give?

Most likely you see an ENT first, but tinnitus is clinically a neurological disorder (at least i think I remember reading that). There is no cure.

I found out a otolaryngologist deals with tinnitus. I'm going to try to find one today.

I have tinnitus from gun discharge in enclosed room a couple years back, ever since then everytime I talk or sing in a loud voice I get ringing in my right ear, it's irritating but I live with it.

I do on rare occasions, but nothing major. It's not even triggered by loud noises, just comes randomly.

Ive played drums for 20 years so i’m sure i have some damage

I had it so bad I actually got musical hallucinations at one point. Apparently that's a thing when your auditory system is completely jacked up. It sounded like some demented out of tune song you'd hear in a Tim Burton movie. Believe it or not that was actually pleasant compared to what it started out as. Imagine taking two tea kettles screaming and putting them next to your ears. Have fun trying to sleep!

I definitely abused my ears loud noise and not using protection, but a lot of mine was actually due to TMJ disorder. Temporomandibular joint. It can, somehow, effect the inner ear. It's gone down a lot, thankfully. Just kind of like a faint white noise that sometimes I even forget about.
Im dealing with TMJ at the moment and it fucking sucks. I also have mild tinnitus from 20 years of construction work
I have the same exact issue and sound, has it gotten any better for you guys? Like I can't even skate, go to the bar, or shoot guns anymore out of fear of it getting any louder.

Had tinnitus twice. Cured it both times by plugging my ear for 2 weeks straight.

Twice in the last 3 years one of my ears was completely blocked with wax.

The first time I was 100% deaf out of that ear and went to the audiologist to get it cleared out. It took him 15 minutes and it cost me $500, with insurance, a complete rip-off for how simple of a procedure it was.

The second time I looked up how to do it myself, with an eye-dropper and rubbing alchohol. I flooded my ear with alchohol, let it sit for 15 minutes, and let it drain out. It took a few times over a few days but the alchohol broke down the wax and unblocked it.

BUT I had a BAD case of tinntius for three to four days afterward. I was starting to worry it'd never go away but it eventually did.

Kinda fearing my ear getting blocked again, wondering if I should pay the... probable $800 with inflation... rather than risking the alchohol causing a longer-term case of tinnitus... possibly permanent.

I have it REALLY bad. I shot guns with no hearing protection as a kid (thanks dad) and played in Rock bands my entire 20's
It sucks big time

Yeah I do from time to time. Mostly from:

Driving locomotives/switching on railway
Loud concerts
Loud stereos
Listening to my wife take 2 hours to explain the simplest of stuff

I had it for years, it's enough to drive anyone crazy. Primarily from loud noise (rock concerts with no ear plugs, shooting without ear protection, etc). Last summer my friend kicked a soccer ball full blast in my ear, the ringing sound never left.

How do you deal with it? I think they are finding a cure.

Here is info about what it is (mostly your brain filing in sound gaps).

Here is how to cure it (worked a bit for me). It's legit it seems, from Dr. Jan Strydom originally.

Here is professional help:

i got it a couple months ago. kind of messes with my stability but I overcame it. Now if my dominant ear got tinnitus then I might go insane.

Back