• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you have a "background" or "comfort" movie?

I used to have a friend who had seen Armageddon like 50 times because his family didn't have cable when he was young and he only had a handful of movies on VHS. One of those movies was Armageddon and he would just watch it over and over.

I don't know but I notice when I'm on my phone Kill Bill and Shrek are on tv a lot

Nice. Cousin Vinny is another movie I can reliably quote as the movie plays

"Are you sure about those 5 minutes? Are you sure about those 5 minutes?! ARE YOU SURE ABOUT THOSE 5 MINUTES?!!"
"...I may have been mistaken"
"I got no more use for dis guy"
What exactly is a grit?

Not really...if Predaor or Terminator is on I get stuck watching...baseball or MMA is always on as background.

I used to put futurama on before I went to bed every night.

Oddly enough I've seen some episodes 20+ times and some I'd swear I've never seen.

40 Year Old Virgin. I always enjoy having it on and will stop to watch certain parts.

I only watched it once. I thought it was okay: Better than the critics were giving it credit for but not something that thought was especially great.

Maybe I'll revisit it at some point.

Oh, I am also a big Camilla Belle fan as well. To me it is a lot like Event Horizon---- great story idea but bad director. Needs a remake with the kind of great director that doesn't exist anymore. Imagine Stanley Kubrick remaking Event Horizon or PRIME David Cronenberg remaking Push....oh oh oh !!!

40 Year Old Virgin. I always enjoy having it on and will stop to watch certain parts.

Holy shit I never saw someone so obsessed with themselves.

Oh, I am also a big Camilla Belle fan as well. To me it is a lot like Event Horizon---- great story idea but bad director. Needs a remake with the kind of great director that doesn't exist anymore. Imagine Stanley Kubrick remaking Event Horizon or PRIME David Cronenberg remaking Push....oh oh oh !!!

Ha. Event Horizon by Kubrick would be great, but I have to stick up for Paul WS Anderson (as I always do when someone attacks him). I think he's a lot better than he often gets credit for.

Die Hard
Aliens
Predator
Rambo
National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

I fucking love The Beastmaster.
It scared the shit out of me as a kid, but I still loved the pacing, the editing, the music, the random bits of horror and shock value, the action sequences, the concept of the characters, the screenplay.
I never get sick of seeing it often.

The Departed

Whenever it is on TV I turn it on and leave it on.

Mix of movies and TV shows
Gladiator
Super Troopers
Entourage
The Man Show dvd's
I have a few Pride and UFC dvd's

Sometimes I just need something in the background to sleep.

Usually tv series more than movies.

Used to be Spaced. These days it's Archer.

Not really, there are only a few I feel like I can watch over and over. My 7 and 8 year old boys LOVE The Sandlot, so we've watched it over and over the last few weeks. It's near the top of my all time best movie list.

Back