• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you guys think you have a shot against a UFC fighter 3 or 4 weight classes below you?

The photo does show a paunch but nothing like what it would take to have those stats. I reckon he has recorded his height and/or weight inaccurately.

I just weight myself right now and I am 235. I am usually between 233-239. But yeah I am big.

Heres a true story for you:
When i was in the army i was low bodyfat and around 200 lbs, 5'10. I had a chance to roll with an amateur fighter that trained for years. He wasnt pro but he was good. He weighed maybe 140 lbs. I was significantly stronger than him. I ended up in an armbar within about 2 minutes. Granted we werent punching each other but he opened my eyes to how much skill matters. I was significantly stronger than him, i could throw him around pretty easily but in throwing him around he got hold of my arm and used his skills and knowledge to bend my joint in the opposite direction.

Now it wasnt a 115lb girl by any means but it certainly opened my eyes to the saying "theres levels to this shit".

If it was a full on fist fight i most likely couldve beat him up but against a pro fighter? Nah. Not a chance.

As a Cardiologist, I advise you to get yourself into shape. You're looking at Coronary Artery Disease in the next few years (if you don't have it already), and this will ultimately cause a low ejection fraction, which will in turn kill your systematic circulation, which will lead to you being six feet under.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
ive been training mma for 10 years and have trained with plenty of pros and amateurs. your average joe isnt going to be able to beat up any pro fighter regardless of size. it still hurts getting hit by smaller fighters, someone with a pros mentality of beating you to death in a fight is going to beat the shit out of your average person off the street.

What about Ronda? Could you beat her?
Nunes and Cyborg finishes 95% of sherdoggers imo
I try to stay away from the girls with elite WMMA grappling skills
I'm sure Ronda could snag my arm but maybe I could knock her out first?
More confident vs the girls who are apparently strikers but carry little to no power or technical skill

tenor.gif
PERFECT

I laughed out loud. Then I saw a bunch of serious responses and lol’d even harder.

“As you can see I’m strong as hell”

Glorious

Now, I'm the opposite of TS. I'm 2'1" and 35 lbs. But I'm sure I could take Lesnar. My fighting nickname will be "The Terrible Toddler."

As a Cardiologist, I advise you to get yourself into shape. You're looking at Coronary Artery Disease in the next years (if you don't have it already), and this will ultimately cause a low ejection fraction, which will in turn kill your systematic circulation, which will lead to you being six feet under.

Enjoy!

Yeah I will get into shape in a month or a few months. I mean I have a treadmill near by but havent used it in a long time. The thing is I was 155 about 3 years ago lol. Once I got big as well. about 8 years ago I was about 210 and then got back down to 155 and now up to 235.

I'm about 210 right now. Let's just call it 205 for arguments sake.

4 weight classes down is 145. Jose Aldo is a 145lb fighter.

Jose Aldo would kick my fucking ass with minimal effort.

Yeah I will get into shape in a month or a few months. I mean I have a treadmill near by but havent used it in a long time. The thing is I was 155 about 3 years ago lol. Once I got big as well. about 8 years ago I was about 210 and then got back down to 155 and now up to 235.

It's not a death sentence. If worse comes to worst, you can always have a PTA

You'll be fine.

Luck & genetics is all you need :)

It's not a death sentence. If worse comes to worst, you can always have a PTA

You'll be fine.

Luck & genetics is all you need :)

Yeah I have been eating too much junk food and not enough exercise. Need to cut back on the sodas. Drinking about 3 cans a day and loads of food at dinner and lunch. Lots of sugary products and cakes

Back