Do you guys tap out to weak women?

TommyHearns

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I mean are there some weak women who are so good that they can actually tap you out? Have you ever tapped out to a weak woman? What submission did they use?

not yet... I would like to see it happen actually, it would be a good way to show BJJ's efectiveness :)

yes, our instructors wife is very very technical. She cant rely on strength at all because all of the men are stronger then her. ive seen her tap a lot of bigger guys,

Gsoares said:
yes, our instructors wife is very very technical. She cant rely on strength at all because all of the men are stronger then her. ive seen her tap a lot of bigger guys,
What weight she?

Would it be any different if it was a weak guy that was tapping people out?

Stoic1 said:
Would it be any different if it was a weak guy that was tapping people out?
I guess it would depend on his weight and strength so if it's like under 98lbs man then no it wouldn't matter.

And what if it was a really strong woman?

I train with a female purple belt she certainly taps out guys. She isinint that big but is pretty strong for hers size.

Yeah I got gi choked by a girl in judo. She was -52kg National Champ for the last few years and has fought in European and World Championships.

i got my ass tapped out my kyra gracie like it was nothing. i was tapping all over the place, and she's pretty damn small - im not really ashamed of that or anything, shes a fucking adcc champ.

TommyHearns said:
I guess it would depend on his weight and strength so if it's like under 98lbs man then no it wouldn't matter.
c'mon! that's half a man! :)

Been tapped in Sambo by a woman (RNC). She isn't small or weak (quite tall really, slightly taller than me and I'm 6 foot), but she is really long limbed and fit.

And I'm not the only one she has tapped. When she gets those long limbs around your throat that is it for you.

But to be honest she has trouble dealing with people who are really muscling it and using their weight. If you screw up and give her position, however....

There was this weak girl in my BJJ class a few weeks ago. She was just beginning BJJ, and when everyone was sparring, they were told to take it easy on her. She always spazed out and didn't know much, but what she did learn, she used. She was so small that it was hard to pass her guard, and she always escaped alot of positions that people put her in because of her size.

A girl at my gym taps me out all the time.

I've trained with a girl......she didn't quite tap me out but she had me worried once in a while. So I believe Jiu-jitsu can be a very effective martial art for a girl.

BTW, I can't train with certain girls in our class cause they smell good, it gets kind of distracting.

TommyHearns said:

A real man weighs over 100KG. A lean 100KG+.

But if a physically weaker person beats a physically stronger person, it is usually by better technique or a mistake by stronger. This is the whole idea to train and get better.

Gender has nothing to do with it. Unless you wanna hear these stories to knock one off to?

When I first started training judo, I used to go all out against everyone, regardless of how much smaller, younger, or older they were than me. I subbed 60 year old men, 90 lb women, and 13 year olds. The women I trained with all had more skill than me, but I was able to muscle most of them around regardless of my technical incompetence, but I didn't learn much. Some of the younger women at the club would comment on how strong I was, in spite of the fact that they had just rolled with people who consistently muscled me around. The club I trained at had national competitors who outweighed me by 40 or 50 lbs and were much, much stronger than I was, yet alot of the women in my club were convinced that I was one of the strongest people there. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out why that was. I started to calm down a bit and tried to learn with every lesson, rather than just feed my ego by counting the number of people I tapped each class. As a result, I have been thrown, taken down, subbed and pinned by a number of women. Alot of the time, I probably could have muscled out, or avoided being put in the position in the first place, but I doubt I would have learnt half as much if I had. Women are structurally alot different, regardless of their size or strength. I have knocked the wind out of some very good female judoka with hard throws that 140 lb male white belts would have been unaffected by. I would always rather use technique, submit to a woman, and learn something from the experience than push them around, "win" in practice and risk sending them to the hospital.

Back