Do you feel sad knowing theres billions of people in the world who don't care about you?

Do you feel sad knowing theres billions of people in the world who don't care about you?

• Yes, it makes me extremely sad and depressed

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Yes, it makes me slightly sad.

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • No, it has no effect on me

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • No, it never crossed my mind

Votes: 37 43.0%
  • I am not sure

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I dont even know the majority of people im related to. I know my close family and cousins and second cousins but after that i dont know them. Some of them probably look eerily like me and i dont need to meet them. You got work and family time and friends time imagine splitting that between billions of people sounds like hell and its not even possible.

No and I can think of at least a dozen more I would add to list....

Take a look through a telescope sometime of you really wanna feel small

I want a fairly small circle of people. I don't want billions, millions, thousands, or even hundreds of people caring about me.

Its pretty scary how isolating and lonely most of us truly are. Theres literally billions of people in the world who we will never meet or be friends with, who won't care about us ever. We will also never get to hang out with billions of those people.

Theres dentists, lawyers, athletes, surgeons, teachers, musicians, firefighters, paramedics, fitness coaches, factory workers, pizza store workers, all those professions of millions of people we will never meet or befriend

Even most people we see on the internet we will never meet, in the sports we watch, the music we listen to, the actors from movies we watch etc.

Typical that a Jones fan would mate a thread like this..

I despise the fact that a ton of people care about me actually. Being popular is actually hell.

I'm very ok with it. My ideal situation when I die would be to be immediately forgotten by all my loved ones and friends so they wouldn't experience any sadness at my passing. Sure we've had great times, laughs memories, things I wouldn't change for the world. We've helped each out when we were down or sad and they would lose all the good memories too but I'd be happier knowing I didn't cause them any sadness. So when I die I hope my loved ones don't care about me either.

Thats great you are content with a few friends. I have a few friends and I am truly grateful and appreciate them, but I still get feelings of loneliness when i dwell on the fact that outside of those handful of friends theres billions who don't care about me.

I guess I gotta train my mind to not dwell on such thoughts, because not only is it silly and unrealistic to befriend billions, it can also be terrifying for mental health and feelings of isolation
You need a dog bro...

Back