Do you favor Glover Teixeira vs. Santos?

SmoothPies

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Glover is such a hard fighter to predict fights for.

On the feet he has great boxing fundamentals, but lacks athleticism and quickness so while he is powerful, he is very plodding and open to shots.

On the ground he has some of the best top control in MMA. He finishes most of the fights when he gets on top either by brutal GNP or submission. The problem is that lately he gets hurt in the process of him hunting for that takedown.

I think this fight vs. Santos will be wild, with Glover getting hurt early like he did vs Robertson and Cutelaba. However, I think that Glover is going to pull it off by managing to get on top of Santos at some point and submitting him.

Last edited:
Hard to say what Santos will be like after his pretty major injuries from his last fight, if he' still explosive I expect him to be too much early on, if it goes past Round 1 i'd start favouring Glover more and more.

I like Glover a lot, but Santos is another level than Anthony Smith. He will pick Glover apart and finish him early in the third.

Glover is such a hard fight to predict fights for.

On the feet he has great boxing fundamentals, but lacks athleticism and quickness so while he is powerful, he is very plodding and open to shots.

On the ground he has some of the best top control in MMA. He finishes most of the fights when he gets on top either by brutal GNP or submission. The problem is that lately he gets hurt in the process of him hunting for that takedown.

I think this fight vs. Santos will be wild, with Glover getting hurt early like he did vs Robertson and Cutelaba. However, I think that Glover is going to pull it off by managing to get on top of Santos at some point and submitting him.
I don’t favor him but I’m rooting for him. I think he and Jan would be a fun fight and I think it’s the best chance of him getting a title and walking off into the sunset.

Very tough fight although I think many think Glover is going to get smoked. Santos puts himself into vulnerable positions often and Glover has very good grappling. He's beaten up and coming powerful strikers by grappling them so he's got that in his back pocket. I think if Santos pressures Glover and makes it dirty early I could see him finishing him quick in the first. Very tough call and I wouldn't count Glover out.

Glover is entering the tail end of his career.

If Santos fights smart, he can get this one.
Glover can be unpredictable.

The resurgence of Glover has been fun but Santos smokes him. Santos coming off knee surgeries kind of worries me but I think he'll be fine.

Yes, I'm going with the underdog by decision

Santos by slight favorite, but Glover is so dangerous and good on the ground.

I like Glover but Glover's getting knocked out in this one. Too reckless in the pocket, not quick, gets hit easy, and Santos gonna hit him.

he claims 110% .. if that's true

RIP danny glover

I haven't been able to find any footage of he or any of his coaches talking about his horrible leg injuries and how his performance is unaffected or affected by them. If not for those injuries, Santos would be a no-brainer for me, but things as they are, I have no idea. The legs/knees factor is a HUGE unknown. The likeliest outcome is that we will see that he's not the same fighter. Coincidence or not, Anderson never looked the same after his terrible leg injury, namely now the crumpled when Cannonier hit him with a not particularly noteworthy leg kick.

If Glover gets him down its over coming off that knee. I say 50/50

i got glover pulling out a gritty win--i just see him as the overall better rounded fighter. santos is over-hyped

Easy fight for Thiago. Glover is going to be KTFO.

Back