Do you favor Glover Teixeira vs. Santos?

Glover hits hard. If he could land and clip Santos it will be a game changer.

I love Glover but I don’t see how Santos doesn’t end him within 3.
Maretta holds a TKO victory over the current LHW champ and has crazy quickness on the feet.
It’ll start with a headkick, IMO.

Glover is fantastic but he's almost 70.
I have big question marks on Santos though, a lot of guys with these kind of knee surgeries lose a lot of their explosiveness. That would really hurt a fighter with Santos' style.

If Glover gets him down its over coming off that knee. I say 50/50
How so? Knees don’t fully heal in today’s modern medicine? He’s been out well over a year. You think somebody just went in there and jerry rigged it together?

I think Glover is the more skilled fighter and it will show. However, his chin is not that good and obviously he’s quite old. I predict Glover to win a UD or “win until he loses by KO”.

Glover is such a hard fighter to predict fights for.

On the feet he has great boxing fundamentals, but lacks athleticism and quickness so while he is powerful, he is very plodding and open to shots.

On the ground he has some of the best top control in MMA. He finishes most of the fights when he gets on top either by brutal GNP or submission. The problem is that lately he gets hurt in the process of him hunting for that takedown.

I think this fight vs. Santos will be wild, with Glover getting hurt early like he did vs Robertson and Cutelaba. However, I think that Glover is going to pull it off by managing to get on top of Santos at some point and submitting him.

This is how Texiera’s fights have pretty much been going. He was even getting outclassed on the feet against Smith before he took the fight to the floor.

Unless Texiera makes it a point to take the fight to the ground right out of the gates, rather than box for the first portion of the fight, Santos will likely finish him standing.

Glover. You don't come back from the kinds of injuries Santos got against Jones.

If Glover is smart, he'll try targeting Santos' legs. But Glover seem to honorable to do that. Jones would finish it in round 1 with oblique kicks.

Santos.Glover seems to get hit a lot in his recent fights. Takes a lot of damage. Santos might be more powerful than any of Glover's recent opponents. Not sure if he can take too many Thiago shots.

I dont think this is far from a pick em fight. Paired it with the Underdog Heavy weight fight for a nice pay out! Odds keep getting better for Glover for some reason. Suprised.

Screenshot_2020-11-06-13-57-57.png

How so? Knees don’t fully heal in today’s modern medicine? He’s been out well over a year. You think somebody just went in there and jerry rigged it together?

Once your knees are compromised your athleticism is never the same. Modern medicine helps for sure but I've seen it in every sport, knee surgeries and such are the worst. Only Adrien Peterson came back and was the guy he was before. Doesn't mean Silva can't beat Glover but a 36 year old with knee problems is severely compromised imo.

healthy knee Santos will demolish glover.

Once your knees are compromised your athleticism is never the same. Modern medicine helps for sure but I've seen it in every sport, knee surgeries and such are the worst. Only Adrien Peterson came back and was the guy he was before. Doesn't mean Silva can't beat Glover but a 36 year old with knee problems is severely compromised imo.
If you think Adrian Peterson is the only NFL player (or pro athlete for that matter) to come back from an ACL injury, you must not being paying attention. It’s one of the most common injuries in the NFL and guys come back from them all of the time. His was notable because of his MVP season. Off the top of my head, notables fighters who have come back from ACL or serious knee injuries to perform at a high level in championship or contender fights...GSP, Mcgregor, Condit, Ferguson, Whittaker, etc. You see Ortega melt Zombie a few weeks back? I’m sure there’s a ton more. Even if the notion is true that your athleticism is compromised a bit, the idea that Santos’ knee is “done” if he gets taken down is silly at best.

Last edited:
If you think Adrian Peterson is the only NFL player (or pro athlete for that matter) to come back from an ACL injury, you must not being paying attention. It’s one of the most common injuries in the NFL and guys come back from them all of the time. His was notable because of his MVP season. Off the top of my head, notables fighters who have come back from ACL or serious knee injuries to perform at a high level in championship or contender fights...GSP, Mcgregor, Condit, Ferguson, Whittaker, etc. You see Ortega melt Zombie a few weeks back? I’m sure there’s a ton more. Even if the notion is true that your athleticism is compromised a bit, the idea that Santos’ knee is “done” if he gets taken down is silly at best.

I also took into account Glover's top game and stand by it. Of course athletes have come back i never said they didn't I said they weren't the same and didn't have the same athleticism. The explosiveness isn't the same but if they can compensate with other aspects of their game it's not to say they can't be good.

Santos smashes Glover worse then Rumble.

If both guys are 100% Santos should take it comfortably, but an ACL injury is incredibly difficult to come back from, especially for a fighter who has such a kick-heavy game, plus Glover has been incredibly difficult to put away in his recent run. While I still favour Santos, there is a pathway to a Glover victory.

On the feet he has great boxing fundamentals, but lacks athleticism and quickness so while he is powerful, he is very plodding and open to shots.

On the ground he has some of the best top control in MMA. He finishes most of the fights when he gets on top either by brutal GNP or submission. The problem is that lately he gets hurt in the process of him hunting for that takedown.

I think this fight vs. Santos will be wild, with Glover getting hurt early like he did vs Robertson and Cutelaba. However, I think that Glover is going to pull it off by managing to get on top of Santos at some point and submitting him.
I think Santos is too young, too fast, too athletic, and too skilled for old man Glover. Glover should be in the heavyweights with the other old fighters. I think Santos will pick him apart from range and then explode for the kill with his High Left kick, or his super powerful hooks and uppercuts.

Young killer Brazilian vs Legendary old time Brazilian.... going Santos in this one. Glover is a legend regardless the outcome

Back