Do you ever think about dying?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I don't know why but lately I've been obsessing about death. But not in a good way. The thoughts give me major anxiety and depression. Like I'll be trying to go to sleep and suddenly my brain will just come up with a random thought like "damn I'm 30 so I'm almost halfway done with my life. Where has the time gone? I don't wanna die". And then it will just spiral from there and ill start thinking about what it means to die, is there an after life, does life have any meaning to begin with, etc.

It's not good boys. Ole Gracious Warrior has a serious case of death anxiety.

Do you guys ever think about death? How does it make you feel?

I did a lot when I was a teenager and in my early 20s which was odd considering that's when you feel most invincible so to speak. As I've gotten older I think about it as just some inevitability to not bother dwelling on. I'm just going full speed ahead so that I don't regret the time I spent here when I about to go.

I used to as a teen.

But one day I came to realize that it's not about worrying about Death. Death will come for us all. RIGHT NOW you have time to prepare your family, your possessions (a will/life insurance), and your eternal Soul.

You can either prepare or "I'll put it off for later."

People don't plan to fail, they fail to plan.

I have those thoughts all the time. But as someone who is nearing 50, fuck you for saying that your life is half over at 30.
Thank you, I have a fuck load left in me at 46.

I do have these thoughts when I'm trying to get to sleep though. I had a pretty nasty crash a month ago which has given me a big wake up call. Not for me because I'll be dead, but I don't want my loved ones dealing with me being dead because I fucked around in the car.

the more you think about death, the less you are living life. it's an eventuality for all of us. stop thinking about it, and live life instead.

One of the wonderful things I deal (have dealt) with having hand anxiety and depression issues most of my life. And now that I've been sober for years I don't have crutch to fall back on - yeah workingout/training, hobbies, etc help.

At least a few times a day I get what I call "emptiness" where I just get this overwhelming feeling of worry about death (family, friends, myself, my pet).

I've really tried to deal with it outside of prescription drugs (I still take but I am slowly weening off of them) with meditation and proper breathing techniques.

Side note - I just lost a friend (training partner) to suicide Wednesday night. It is really scary how quickly you can be overwhelmed by thoughts to the point that premature death at your own hands is an option (I'm not judging because I've have my incidents and I hope they're behind me).

Jesus makes death nothing to fear.
I wish he could have been around when my step-dad held my mother's hand as she passed away after having a recurring brain tumour that had to be removed the size of a tennis ball.
She was really religious, he wasn't around at all when we found out that she was going to die.
You saying this is elitist if you think he's there for people but wasn't for my family.

Surprisingly not that much and I have a Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm (TAA) that is open heart surgery size. Basically a ticking deathbomb in my chest.

Side note - women are not impressed when you tell them you have a huge aneurysm

Back