Do you even Wallpaper bro?

Well do ya punk? I remember growing up in the late 80's/early 90's it was practically in every house. Now? I can't even remember the last time I saw it anywhere? Is it even a thing anymore?

My kids are the only ones that asked for wallpaper in their rooms, because of all of the cool designs..

Wallpaper is like the Posters of the days of now ...

I think wallpaper went out of fashion a couple decades ago. Was often use to conceal bad plaster and rough walls. The millennium saw a huge explosion of people “investing” in their homes which meant boom time for decorators and plasterers, in the U.K. at least.

There was a brief period a while back where people would paper a single wall in a room and call it a “feature wall”. Didn’t take long before they stopped because it looks pish.
I wish someone would tell my missus that, it’s a battle trying to keep my nice white walls...

Didnt know that im russian

Sorry bro I thought maybe you'd mentioned you were at some point, but you're always talking about the Russians in Finland so I prob got mixed up

Sorry bro I thought maybe you'd mentioned you were at some point, but you're always talking about the Russians in Finland so I prob got mixed up

Im finnish russian

So you were half correct

Anyone ever tried to remove wallpaper from a wall? It's such a sucky process, takes for ever.

My brother bought a house out in wharton, tx. The house is huge and was built in the 80s. The town doctor used to own it.
I went last week to help him move and my 8yr old neice gave me a tour. Many of the rooms and closet, restroom and study rooms have beautiful wallpaper. It looks in great shape and i have no doubt its the high quality kind. Makes me want to put some in m house. Some of them are real detailed with bright colors.

Nice wallpaper have been in for almost the past decade, although one of many options rather then plain plastered dry wall. I've always wanted to DIY wallpaper a wall, but I feel like I would fuck up bad and not sure if the texture on the wall would mess things up. The effort learning I would rather spend practicing and learning how to tile floors and walls. I know it isn't hard, but haven't done it before and eventually want to upgrade my bathrooms including tiling the floors, showers and maybe even redoing the kitchen backsplash.

When we bought our house we found out that there was distemper paint over every single wall in there (50's house, bought cheap to do up).
We had to use wallpaper steamers to scrape layer after layer of that shit off the walls because you can't plaster over them.

We tried to plaster a couple walls first but it dried and fell off over night. So we spent six months scraping over scrap of paint off the walls, scored them, PVA'd them, and then started plastering.
Took us 18 months to move in in the end and we had one more room we just could not be fucked to do so we wallpapered it. Actually looks really nice and I'm thinking of getting some retro ass wallpaper for one wall in our bedroom next.

You couldn’t just tear down the walls and re-drywall them? I just did that to two bedrooms and a bathroom and took less than a week. Wasn’t free obviously..

Anyone ever tried to remove wallpaper from a wall? It's such a sucky process, takes for ever.
So you don't own a wallpaper steamer?<BC1>

632ba210-f606-4f80-bed1-91d325f51d58_1000.jpg

You couldn’t just tear down the walls and re-drywall them? I just did that to two bedrooms and a bathroom and took less than a week. Wasn’t free obviously..
Tear down like with a sledge hammer? Like proper tear down?

We just had painted walls, in Moscow I have a wall-papered kitchen/dining area, but that is it. My girlfriend doesn't really care for it, so we just don't get it lol

I miss the "wall carpet"

Wallpaper is cool for an accent wall or to add texture to a wall but it doesn't look good if you line a whole room in it.

Back