• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you eat first thing in the morning?

You gotta take that early dump man, that's quite possibly the meaning of life right there

Yeah and the hot water really helps.

Makes it all come out in one big log.

Most of the time I don't even gotta wipe!

I still do though.

you are a little bit older than me, you came the era before mine before the big supplement boom. I bet if you went to high school in the late 90s you would probably get lured by the supplements. Ill say this I used to love getting the muscle and fitness magazines and seeing all the supps, Id spend like 60 bucks save up money go to GNC and buy thinking I was getting jacked.

I bet I probably did more harm to my body than good in the long run, a lot of them gave me stomach issues and some Creatine supplement called Syntrax Swole v2 gave me kidney pains and the doctor said to stop all supplements and they went away that was over 1o years ago. I only take whey protein, I figured the rest of the stuff is garbage after years of supplement usage.

Whey is pretty much just dried milk.

So you never taken a single supplement or vitamin/herb pill?
Yup. my generation was the last of the 'all natty', I think. Just a few years grades below us everyone was on roids.

Roids were not even that popular in University yet except amongst the stand outs who had a chance to go pro. You still had many 'all natty' guys competing.

In my generation I knew one kid on roids. Boys did not LOOK LIKE men with fully developed bodies until early 20's.

This was considered a big guy who was over developed

enhanced-buzz-23030-1354215616-0.jpg

and yet soon after my generations many 16 years olds would be asking Connery 'do you even lift bro', as they look like 22 year old competitive athletes by their steroid build.

Wow very good training regime you have @Sir Galahad , thats why you are very fit and also hot. You're a bit of a hunk. I don't really have a training regime, I just do training when I have free time and I am in the mood to do it. I do enjoying chair exercises like pushing the buttons on the remote, very good cardio work out that is

16c31141d75e48939628b5a3bbfbe7cb.gif

Been on the regimen for over 20 years. BTW you're a handsome fella yourself. @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

giphy.gif

do you just stay stagnant and do little as possible to avoid spending energy? how much do you weigh? thats insane to go that long without eating any nutrients thats not good for your central nervous system
Might be a little bit of bro science. But I firmly believe not eating for periods makes the body stronger. Not getting rest as in sleep affects nervous system much more.

That's how it worked for me. I stopped eating breakfast because I had to leave my house by 6:30 AM. At work, about the time I'd start eating lunch, someone would have a problem that I would need to take care of so I stopped eating lunch.

From time to time I can't think of anything I want to eat so I don't eat for a day or two. After two days I don't feel hungry at all. Even if I don't eat for two days, I'll still take a dump at 6AM. I'll go for a week without eating and only drinking water.

Hell yeah man, extreme fasters GTFIH!
I read a science study on some guy that fasted for more than a year and stayed around the same weight and even gained a little bit of muscle and had some testosterone increase.
He was ingesting some types of foods but no more than 500 calories daily.

Here's an example of a 27 year old male that weighed 456 lbs and fasted for 382 days and got down to 180lbs, no solids just vitamins and stuff.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

I have wanted to do a week long dry fast, only water, come to think of it I might have done a 5 day fast before but not dry just under 500 calories of fruits and light snacks but I have a terrible, terrible, awful memory. Could have been a 3 day fast.

And @TidWell I personally don't stay stagnant during my fasts, I can go hard in the gym on a 48 hour empty stomach, probably would have to slow down on a 7 day fast though.

Hell yeah man, extreme fasters GTFIH!
I read a science study on some guy that fasted for more than a year and stayed around the same weight and even gained a little bit of muscle and had some testosterone increase.
He was ingesting some types of foods but no more than 500 calories daily.

Here's an example of a 27 year old male that weighed 456 lbs and fasted for 382 days and got down to 180lbs, no solids just vitamins and stuff.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angus_Barbieri's_fast
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2495396/

I have wanted to do a week long dry fast, only water, come to think of it I might have done a 5 day fast before but not dry just under 500 calories of fruits and light snacks but I have a terrible, terrible, awful memory. Could have been a 3 day fast.

And @TidWell I personally don't stay stagnant during my fasts, I can go hard in the gym on a 48 hour empty stomach, probably would have to slow down on a 7 day fast though.
Man I cant do it, I might die without eating bro. Also how many times do you take a dump during this fast like once or twice a week? Is that safe, GSP said he fasts and it healed his intestines because the inflammation went away and reduced the swelling he has from Colitis

Doesnt your body need nutrients, and I find it hard to believe you can stay the same weight with an extreme fast and put muscle. this sounds insane like bro science.

Yep, lately I’ve been doing oats with turmeric, LSA mix, coconut oil and pepper, it’s okay.

For the last 20 years (Monday through Friday) I woke up at 5:30am, started physical training at 6:30am. At 7:30am I’d head for breakfast. On weekends I’d wake up around 10:00am and go eat breakfast.

Good times...

Yup. my generation was the last of the 'all natty', I think. Just a few years grades below us everyone was on roids.

Roids were not even that popular in University yet except amongst the stand outs who had a chance to go pro. You still had many 'all natty' guys competing.

In my generation I knew one kid on roids. Boys did not LOOK LIKE men with fully developed bodies until early 20's.

This was considered a big guy who was over developed

enhanced-buzz-23030-1354215616-0.jpg

and yet soon after my generations many 16 years olds would be asking Connery 'do you even lift bro', as they look like 22 year old competitive athletes by their steroid build.
That was never considered a big guy, wtf.

Man I cant do it, I might die without eating bro. Also how many times do you take a dump during this fast like once or twice a week? Is that safe, GSP said he fasts and it healed his intestines because the inflammation went away and reduced the swelling he has from Colitis

Doesnt your body need nutrients, and I find it hard to believe you can stay the same weight with an extreme fast and put muscle. this sounds insane like bro science.

I don't take a lot of dumps, once a day. I don't do a lot of 24hr+ fasts, my regular schedule is eating once a day and eating a lot, I might do a 24 hour fast once or twice a month. But whenever I do I'm not gonna be taking any dumps if no food is coming in.

The way I see it more or less is humans can run on different fuels: fats, sugars, carbs, proteins.
If you don't eat anything you're not gonna die right away, your body is gonna "burn" your fat storages.
I'm slim but even someone like me has a bit of body fat to spare.

I did some digging in my picture files and found some pics I took during a 4-day fast, water and watermelon juice only, this is the first day:
PhotoEditor_20190913_002813005_resize_21.jpg
This is on the 4th day:
PhotoEditor_20190913_012350503_resize_90.jpg
(In b4 clean your crack house)

Went from 165 lbs to 154lbs.

Coffee less than a minute after my alarn goes off.

This!

If I don't work I'd go running and eat after I shower. If I work (I start at 5:30am), coffee first thing in the morning and eat at around 7am,

I eat once a day between 14-16 clock for years now. I am mostly vegan, rarely vegetarian. Once a day is by far the best, even if eat big portion of food, body makes use of it and absorbs all of it. Far far better than five times a day small portion like some are advertising. When i eat, i don't drink water at least two hours and that's it.
I also do about 6-10 days water fasting or dry fasting per month, but not at once, so once or twice per week.

Eating much food, focus on proteins is a myth and has become a bad habbit.

If you eat breakfast, it should be fruit or vegetable, light food.

Last edited:
Do you get much benefit from the protein if you consume it in the morning and workout much later?
It depends how much later the workout is but whey protein is assimilated rather quickly in and out of the blood stream so it's not the best choice in that way. Eggs are slow releasing protein and so is casien powder. If you mix a bit of fat in there (coconut oil, peanut butter) you can slow it down even more. So there are variations you can make to accommodate a later workout.

That was never considered a big guy, wtf.
Joke?

All of the Mr Universe contestants, including Sean Connery were considered big guys. Considered some of the biggest in the world in terms of musculature. Yes.

Some people wake up and eat breakfast instantly

I can't stomach food for at least a few hours.

On work days I'm up at 5.30 and don't eat until around 10.30, and that's just a carrot or apple to see me through to midday.

But don't worry I eat a fucking ton between midday and midnight
If you're not hungry, you are better off fasting until you are hungry. Otherwise, that is how people become overweight.

I usually only drink some almond milk for breakfast and don't really eat until lunchtime.

I don't take a lot of dumps, once a day. I don't do a lot of 24hr+ fasts, my regular schedule is eating once a day and eating a lot, I might do a 24 hour fast once or twice a month. But whenever I do I'm not gonna be taking any dumps if no food is coming in.

The way I see it more or less is humans can run on different fuels: fats, sugars, carbs, proteins.
If you don't eat anything you're not gonna die right away, your body is gonna "burn" your fat storages.
I'm slim but even someone like me has a bit of body fat to spare.

I did some digging in my picture files and found some pics I took during a 4-day fast, water and watermelon juice only, this is the first day:
View attachment 644735
This is on the 4th day:
View attachment 644737
(In b4 clean your crack house)

Went from 165 lbs to 154lbs.
Whats crazy is your muscles were solid in the first day and the 4th day it looks like you lost muscle hardness, Im guessing you lost muscle and not fat. your biceps look like they shrunk. So Im guessing you had some muscle wasting? you pretty much had zero protein.

what is the purpose of that fast? to heal the gut and let it rest? I dont see the benefit of a long fast like that.

If you're not hungry, you are better off fasting until you are hungry. Otherwise, that is how people become overweight.

I usually only drink some almond milk for breakfast and don't really eat until lunchtime.
Charles Atlas was considered big he used to have those Dynamic Tension ads in comic books in the early 1930s,he was the guy who went from skinny nerd to buff beach guy.
charles-atlas-200x274.jpg

a-1974-advert-for-body-building-techniques-by-charles-atlas-here-a-M7YG2H.jpg

Joke?

All of the Mr Universe contestants, including Sean Connery were considered big guys. Considered some of the biggest in the world in terms of musculature. Yes.
Look up the bodybuilders around his time like Steve Reeves or Reg Park. They were way bigger than him.

Back