Do you dislike the mainstream media?

Do you dislike the mainstream media?

• Total voters
meh.

you've never heard of "yellow journalism?" its always been around. the grub street english writers before the french revolution.

Sure, shall we also talk about how horrible those Roman street readers were as well? that should prove that today's journalism is great also!

Sure, shall we also talk about how horrible those Roman street readers were as well? that should prove that today's journalism is great also!

my only point is that shitty journalism is not a new thing.

really, its better today because you can find GREAT journalism if you choose to. in the past, your options were limited.

my only point is that shitty journalism is not a new thing.

really, its better today because you can find GREAT journalism if you choose to. in the past, your options were limited.

Name one great Journalist working today...and my point was about the INDUSTRY and never said you cannot find a story that was written well. Also, yes you could find great journalists in the past. The greatest in fact.

Name one great Journalist working today...and my point was about the INDUSTRY and never said you cannot find a story that was written well. Also, yes you could find great journalists in the past. The greatest in fact.

i think there are so many options today that it is tough for any one person to stand out. who did the greats of the past really have to compete against lol?

you could really say the same thing about food. your average person today, in developed countries, eats dogshit as long as its served on the dollar menu. but the best food available to man in human history is also cheaply available today, if thats what you decide that you want.

The only thing I trust at this point is my own bullshit meter. Over time, I've become quite learned in filtering out the potentially ideologically influenced statements by partisan hacks.

You can read the worst piece of shit rag, and still get a semblance of the truth, by properly understanding the (lack of) character of the journalists involved. They're still reporting mostly on real-world events, just in an extremely skewed manner.

I still leave room for doubt in cases where the events may be total fabrications, so I'm never truly going to be "fooled" into believing that something happened when it didn't.

The responsibility of being critical, is on the individual's shoulders these days. You can't trust the journalist worth shit. They're a hack getting paid for a hack job, for the most part just copying an original news source and implanting their own worthless 2 cents to accompany it. These are not a people who actually spend the time of the day to research and look into what they're doing.

They get their talking points from somebody else, and off they go.

The problem with mainstream media is Donald Trump rustled their jimmies. Just report the news, thats literally your job.

I used to, on account of their blatant bias toward economic rightism and nationalism.

Then, when I realized the alternative was actual lying by right-wing fake news outlets catering to right wingers' stupidity, I gained a new level of appreciate for there mere rightward bias, as opposed to right-wing propaganda.

i think there are so many options today that it is tough for any one person to stand out. who did the greats of the past really have to compete against lol?

you could really say the same thing about food. your average person today, in developed countries, eats dogshit as long as its served on the dollar menu. but the best food available to man in human history is also cheaply available today, if thats what you decide that you want.

So you cant even name one...

<DisgustingHHH>

They are 100% propaganda. They don't even try to hide it anymore. I find it hilarious, but my mom believes everything NBC and CNN have to say and it makes me sad. She is stupid as fuck like most Americans so...
You should move out. :D

Naw, not even most journalist courses teach that...most point to Hunter Thompson as being the main reason for Journalism turning to crap with, what he termed, Gonzo Journalism, as it changed the industry by removing all claims of objectivity basically undoing what most call the greatest decade of Journalism, the 1960s and the "New Journalism" style created by Tom Wolfe...who is on almost every top 10 list of greatest journalists of all time.

Honestly, I don't think you've seen a newspaper from before 1970, and I think if you had, you'd change your mind.

It's actually funny because I've just been reading about Scott Newhall recently.

Michael yon. But I'm nit sure if gen stopped or not. He was a Great War journalist. I think he retired to Thailand or something

Honestly, I don't think you've seen a newspaper from before 1970, and I think if you had, you'd change your mind.

It's actually funny because I've just been reading about Scott Newhall recently.

Or perhaps you are under the impression that all newspapers were like whichever ones you have read...I have given actual examples of individuals thought of as the greatest journalists of all time and the types of journalism, even when they were created.

All I keep getting is "OMG EVERYTHING SUCKED BACK THEN!"...I wonder why.

Michael yon. But I'm nit sure if gen stopped or not. He was a Great War journalist. I think he retired to Thailand or something

Are you talking about the military blogger and writer? I do believe he is more known for his books and photos.

Or perhaps you are under the impression that all newspapers were like whichever ones you have read...I have given actual examples of individuals thought of as the greatest journalists of all time and the types of journalism, even when they were created.

All I keep getting is "OMG EVERYTHING SUCKED BACK THEN!"...I wonder why.

I can only imagine how modern American media would handle cases such as the Cuban Missile Crisis or JFK assassination, in today's times:

So you cant even name one...

<DisgustingHHH>

i think most of the evening news anchors do well. i used to watch the CBS evening news fairly often, but not so much anymore. no one is perfect, but imo they follow the practices of journalism and stay about as impartial as a person can.

I dont watch the news. Its all doom and gloom dumbed down for retards. I check all the sites and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

MSM is infotainment. Its main goal is ratings. And all news sources have bias, some more than others.

Being biased or leaning one way doesn't mean they don't provide legitimate news, its just up to the consumer to parse through the bullshit.

The more varied your sources, the better.

Anyone who gets the totality of their news coverage from a host of sources which happen to all share the same political leanings is someone who will inevitably end up having an extremely narrow world view.

But the worst of all, are ppl who get all their news from a single source. That's someone not worth discussing current affairs with if you ask me.

And the Internet is leagues better than TV or the paper in receiving quality news. You just have to know where to look and parse through the bullshit that exists on there as well. "Fake news" is even more of a threat on the web than it is on TV or the paper due to the nature of the internet.

You should not give anyone a pass for anything real simply because you prefer them to some other person. Neither should you believe absurd lies told in shitty propaganda videos.

Not really, though. You posted a link to a crazy CT video. Putting aside the obviously bad sources and the implausibility of the actions, do you really think they'd be that reckless, and that if they were, no one would be able to produce any real evidence for that kind of thing? Like, you realize that Clinton has been frivolously investigated on multiple occasions, and not the slightest hint of any actual shady activity has come of it, right? How is it that this would escape the attention of Gowdy, Gingrich, etc.?
The documentary was well-sourced with news reports, investigative journalists, eyewitness accounts, accounts of local prosecutors and law enforcement. The local prosecutor who tried to convene a grand jury outright says that Clinton killed the grand jury and he's a Clinton supporter. Somehow I doubt you watched the whole documentary, if at all. You're assuming it's some Alex Jones-type shit when it is clearly not.

chuckstare.gif
thread delivers i would support this

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back