• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you consider that a humiliating loss for Israel Adesanya?

Was that a humiliating loss for Izzy?

• Yes

Votes: 476 84.1%
  • No

Votes: 90 15.9%

• Total voters
Anderson legacy is solified and Izzy is not the great he thought he was. So yes, it is embarrassing.

Normally it wouldn't be. But Adesanya always does it to himself. Because of his own actions pre-fight, this turned out to be a humiliating loss.

He looked to have nothing for Sean. Sean had no respect for izzys offence.
Thats going to be a hard one to win back but he'll try. I'll give him that.

Uzzy deserved to lose hanging out with that POS Zuckerberg

At the very least it irreparably damages his legacy. He will forever be the "Great Value" Anderson Silva/Jon Jones after a performance like that.

Cry as much as you like. Your homie got clowned by a full time clown. Doesn't get worse than that. Tailor made matchup for Izzy and he got punked. All the glory to the Red, white , and blue (forever n always).

I dislike Izzy, not my homie bruh.

He didn't do shit. Keep Copeing. Your Idol got embarrased big time. He was so embarrased, he left the post fight conference less then 30 seconds in. Jizzy got cucked by Sean! LOL

I don't like Izzy, why do people automatically assume it's from a fandom when they disagree? lmao.

I mean, not trying to pile in your perspective, but did he really try in the 5th and argusbly 4th? At least for me, i Saw some giving up going on there.

It wasn't embarrassing, that's a stupid take for sure but how much did he actually try till the end? He just kept moving back and pitter patter with kicks and some punches. Last 20 seconds Sean is screaming at him and almost running into him and Izzy looked beyond defeated with no sense or urgency of trying to actually win the fight and just survive.
Thing is tho, he didn’t fight til the end. He was clearly not even trying in the fifth round, just ran.

I think he did. Maybe he could've taken more risk yes, but it's not like he folded either.

Yes. No one believed Strickland could beat Izzy, and sure as shit not on the feet. This will be a much harder defeat to swallow than Pereira or Jan. Izzy got wrecked at his own game.

Well, come on, man. I don't think anybody thinks the odds somehow guarantee the result of the fight. Obviously there are going to be upsets, and the upsets are going to be rare.

The odds reflect Public opinion, sure, and so are subject to hype and ignorance of the common person, but the odds also reflect the activities of professional gamblers. When the odds for a given match are heavily influenced by public opinion, the gamblers' money floods in and corrects the odds.

At the end of the day, betting odds are a very good predictor of the outcomes of fights. They aren't absolutely perfect, as you've cunningly pointed out, but that's why they call it "gambling."

You sure about that?

But like I said, odds don't have nothing to do with whether a loss was a bad loss. Just because you are a big fav, doesn't mean it's a worst loss when you lose. We agree to disagree.

No. He fought to the end, tried till the end.

An embarrassing loss is like Nunes quitting against Pena, or Ben Askrew getting ktfo by Paul for big money and all smiles right after.

No shame in losing to a high level opponent.

Define "tried till he end"...

Define "tried till he end"...

200w.gif

I spent my life time quote on time for talking about Izzy in a favourable way, sorry lol

Happy Sunday bruh and all the Sherbros!

It is humbling because he got dominated and almost stopped by a guy everyone expected him to dominate and stop. The odds were heavily in his favor.

however, he showed tons of fighting heart coming back from round one to win round two and stay in the fight. I could have swore he was finished after I saw round one.

he has moments and things he can be proud of.

Big favorite and got his ass kicked - really, really bad loss
How did he get his ass kicked? It was a decision loss. Not a KO/TKO, sub, or beatdown.

Of course you new Strickland nut riders are going to over exaggerate Strickland's decision win LMAO. Typical sherdog people.

When Izzy lost to Pereira that was an embarrassing loss.

How did he get his ass kicked? It was a decision loss. Not a KO/TKO, sub, or beatdown.

Of course you new Strickland nut riders are going to over exaggerate Strickland's decision win LMAO. Typical sherdog people.

It was a beat down bud. You are an Izzy nut rider, clearly, if you can't see that.

He got dominated by a late replacement who wasn't even the top contender.

I think It would be better for Izzy If he slept in round one. When you get outclassed by 5 rounds running constantly, it's harder to say you got caught.
And yeah, Strickland loss to Poatan was kinda embarassing too, cause It was born out of a stupid gameplan.

It was a beat down bud. You are an Izzy nut rider, clearly, if you can't see that.

He got dominated by a late replacement who wasn't even the top contender.
It was not a beat down. Show me any point in the fight where Strickland beat down Izzy?

I'll wait to see what BS you come up with.

Lol hell yes. He lost decisively to a guy everyone thought he would walk through. In what was essentially a stay busy showcase fight.
What makes it worse is he also had more time to prepare than Strickland. Neither had more time in preparing specifically for the other but Izzy knew he was fighting and where months before Strickland.

Back